Update Resources not working

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:56 AM

I have three machines running Logos 4.0b. The recently released EBC from Zondervan has successfully been downloaded to two of them. But the 3rd machine, running in windows 7 in Fusion on a mac, is not finding any new resources to download. I have tried everything I know - Manually typing "Update Resources" and "Update Now". I have restarted windows and restarted Logos many times. This has been going on since last Thursday with no success. Any ideas on what to do from here?

Thanks, Randy.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:03 AM

Two thoughts, neither of which may be relevant. 

1.  Are any of the computers running Logos simultaneously?  There have been issues with that in the past, though normally with syncing.

2.  What is the update channel set to?  beta or default?  (Check help>about to see)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:13 AM

It is running and open on a computer at my house. So I could try shutting that one down and trying it with all versions closed except the one in question.

I did not find the update channel in the help>about? Where do you see that?

Thanks, Randy

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:16 PM

randy@mmsurveyors.com:
I did not find the update channel in the help>about? Where do you see that?

The update channel is viewed alongside the version information on the Help>About screen. It only usually shows IF you have it set to Beta (this means that Logos will update to the newest beta at that moment)

Posts 24701
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:42 PM

randy@mmsurveyors.com:
But the 3rd machine, running in windows 7 in Fusion on a mac, is not finding any new resources to download.

Ensure:

• Use Internet is YES in Program settings of L4
  • Other programs in Win 7 can access the internet
  • BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) is running. Type services.msc in Start | Search and look for BITS. Right click to change.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27
Randy Leinen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:53 PM

The "Use Internet" option was the problem. I had it turned off. As soon as I turned it on and then did "Update Resources" it found the resources and started downloading them. 

Thanks for your help.

Randy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS