Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 41
Preston Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 9 2018 7:05 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Early-access announcement: New: Beta test the new Notes tool on desktop

Yay! Yes

Now membership is no longer a requirement for the web app. It is open to anyone with a Logos 7 package, including the free Logos Basic. 

Do tell! My budget thanks you for this timely info! So "7" users get full access to all features (currently available)? 

1. This early-access for the Notes tool on desktop does not sync your previously-existing notes documents from Logos desktop and mobile applications. Note documents and notes in the new tool are two separate systems at this time. It will be possible to import your existing notes to the new system "soon"*.

*Rev 22:20 ;)

...understood. and amen, Brother!

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 9 2018 7:52 PM

Preston Davis:
Do tell! My budget thanks you for this timely info! So "7" users get full access to all features (currently available)? 

You must have a base package... but that includes "Logos Basic" (which is "free"). https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 9:44 AM

The problem with the current system is not Logos' fault. The term "beta" has changed in tech over the last 20 years. It used to mean in development and likely to not work so only the very brave should use it. But when Google got very popular and kept Gmail in "beta" forever and average people used it, other companies began to start using the term beta the way Google did with Gmail.

"This is a beta, but don't expect any help because we just don't do that. However, it's the only product we've got and the only one you'll get and it's free so shut up and just use it."

I"m not saying Logos is doing this. I'm saying they're using it int he more traditional term stated at the outset. However, a lot of users saw the announcement for something they've been wanting FOREVER and couldn't resist signing up for it not understanding what Logos meant by beta assuming they meant the same thing Google did with Gmail et. al.

Don't use this unless you're willing to use something that's not yet production quality. It's frustrating that the web app is still in this state this long after it first came out. Seem to be taking forever to develop in this give me instant satisfaction society we live in.

Rant over.

Posts 41
Preston Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 16 2018 11:14 AM

Well, 

Thank you for that completely unnecessary "rant". No one said anything about having an expectation of a completed app. What was said was that when I found this feature was NOT available, that it did not work FOR MY PURPOSES. Others may be fine with the current implementation, but as I stated ...for me... with Notes Sync it would be a "killer app"  without ...for me... it's a frustrating experience. For others? Maybe not so much. Also, I know what Beta means as I am software developer with more than 20 years programming experience in multiple languages. ...so yes, I know what beta means. Don't assume! Because "assuming" makes an ...well ...you know. I will not be responding to your possible response as I have found your "rant" to be a needless waste of kilobytes.

Peace Be Unto You.

Posts 8
Yiteng | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 18 2018 6:08 AM

It's been a year, and the problem still hasn't been resolved.Embarrassed

Posts 2083
LogosEmployee

Yiteng:

It's been a year, and the problem still hasn't been resolved.Embarrassed

It's in progress, and currently in beta:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/159247.aspx

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 19 2018 6:34 AM

Preston Davis:

Well, 

Thank you for that completely unnecessary "rant". No one said anything about having an expectation of a completed app. What was said was that when I found this feature was NOT available, that it did not work FOR MY PURPOSES. Others may be fine with the current implementation, but as I stated ...for me... with Notes Sync it would be a "killer app"  without ...for me... it's a frustrating experience. For others? Maybe not so much. Also, I know what Beta means as I am software developer with more than 20 years programming experience in multiple languages. ...so yes, I know what beta means. Don't assume! Because "assuming" makes an ...well ...you know. I will not be responding to your possible response as I have found your "rant" to be a needless waste of kilobytes.

Peace Be Unto You.

Wow you have totally misinterpreted my tone. I'm equally frustrated with the state of the web app and want it to improve much faster than it is. Sorry for making you so angry. Never intended that. Never intended to say anyone thought it would be completed. I'm not sure why my words caused you such frustrated that you feel the need to respond as you did, but if it caused this kind of response, then I am VERY sorry.

Posts 6
Shikai Ronnie Poon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 9:16 PM

It's been another 6 months. Any news?

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 1 2018 9:33 PM

It is in beta - still with features missing. I suspect the needing to import notes from BibleWorks may have caused a slight delay but it is generally progressing at a reasonable rate. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/171239.aspx 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3
Thomas W Haynes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2019 5:59 AM
 Disciple of Christ (doc): when a developer says "so that we could get something out the door" that always rings alarm bells for me. Having been a developer for 25 years, That phrase ring bells for me too.  It usually means a kludge (look it up lol). It usually means some arbitrary timeline cannot be met if the "planned" functionality is included.  So just cut something out to make a schedule. Unfortunately, this happens and for sure Faithlife is not the first one to do it. Best regards
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS