$90 CP Bid (Reg. $559.99) Mobile Ed. NT362 Exegetical Study: Hebrews

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1388
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 9:39 AM

David Paul:

If you decide to follow a program with proven success at lowering CP bids rather than complain about the possibility of saving money, please leave a post saying that you have moved your higher bid to $70--that way others who are doubters and nay-sayers will see that their doubts are unfounded and they will feel more comfortable making a smart decision rather than a safe decision.

OK, I'm playing the game.  I dropped my bid to $70 but plan to keep a close eye on it.  As I understand CP, if someone places a bid that is going to fail (be too low) Faithlife will send that bidder an email a few days before they plan to "set" the price and take it off CP, notifying the bidder that his/her bid is going to fail, giving the bidder a chance to raise his/her bid.  Guess I'll be a mighty disappointed camper if my bid fails and I don't get an email advising me to up my bid. 

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 9:44 AM

One more thing to consider: when this CP crosses the line, an automatic email is going to be generated saying that the projected closing price is $90. LOTS of people who get that email will see it and choose to ignore it because that price is too rich for them. But if the email says the projected price is $60 or even $50 (which would be ideal and is quite possible in the next couple of weeks), then TONS of people will react with excitement rather than despair. That will drive the price down even further. Every $5 drop in the closing price increases the number of people who will jump in and push the price down even more. That is why allowing this to cross over at $90 today or tomorrow is highly undesirable, because it can easily cross over at $50 two weeks from now. That activated email will have a much bigger push if the price it announces is lower. If you have a high bid, move that bid to $70 now.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 10 2017 9:45 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
As I understand CP, if someone places a bid that is going to fail (be too low) Faithlife will send that bidder an email a few days before they plan to "set" the price and take it off CP, notifying the bidder that his/her bid is going to fail, giving the bidder a chance to raise his/her bid.  Guess I'll be a mighty disappointed camper if my bid fails and I don't get an email advising me to up my bid.

You will get that email. I always do.

Once this thing crosses the line, people can bid that price and rest comfortably. The important thing is to not pull the trigger too early. We are trying to build downward momentum. Once the momentum is in force, it will take off by itself and we won't need to micromanage it any more.

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 11 2017 6:49 AM

David Paul:
The important thing is to not pull the trigger too early

No, the important thing is to cross the line on a Thursday in order to give us a full week to drive the price down. Just a couple more bids of $90 should do the trick.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 11 2017 7:37 AM

Alright you've convinced me.  I'm in.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 11 2017 7:48 AM

I am sure this is going to be great - along with the Deuteronomy  CP offer as well :-) 

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 8:37 AM

I imagine that some folks weren't aboard the Logos train when the GoJ mEd CP was live, so you may have doubts about the arguments I'm making about getting much lower prices. This thread is one of the primary ones that chronicles that process.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/86086.aspx

This is no joke, people. If the thought of mEd CPs that close at $20-30 or even lower appeals to you, then change your inertial state and become a part of the solution. Go to this thread and voice your desire to see mEd CPs priced at massively affordable prices right out of the chute.

Also, this is dangerously close to crossing @ $90. That would be a shame. If you haven't done so already, please move your bid at $90 or higher to $70 so we can get this CP down to $40-50 or lower. We could easily get both the Hebrews and Deuteronomy mEd courses for less than $100 total.

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 8:54 AM

David Paul:
Also, this is dangerously close to crossing @ $90. That would be a shame. If you haven't done so already, please move your bid at $90 or higher to $70 so we can get this CP down to $40-50 or lower. We could easily get both the Hebrews and Deuteronomy mEd courses for less than $100

Lowering your bid is NOT going to get the CP down. The ONLY thing that will get the price down is MORE PEOPLE Bidding

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 9:56 AM

David Carter:

David Paul:
Also, this is dangerously close to crossing @ $90. That would be a shame. If you haven't done so already, please move your bid at $90 or higher to $70 so we can get this CP down to $40-50 or lower. We could easily get both the Hebrews and Deuteronomy mEd courses for less than $100

Lowering your bid is NOT going to get the CP down. The ONLY thing that will get the price down is MORE PEOPLE Bidding

Correct.  By default a bid for $90 includes a bid for $70.  But a bid for $70 does NOT include a bid for $90.

David Paul's goal however is to make sure that it doesn't cross the line at $90, but only does so lower.  

EDIT: Which does require many more bidders at the lower price points to make it happen.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 10:20 AM

David Carter:

LOL...and the ONLY thing that will get more people to bid is a LOWER price.

There is a not-so-funny dynamic in play with regard to the whole CP process. Obviously the main reason FL offers the CP option is so that it can protect itself financially. CP assures that roll-out costs will be covered. Okay, fine. Another benefit is that people with tight budgets can take advantage of the CP price, which is always much lower than the standard retail price which is often terribly out of reach for many. The problem is that the way CP is structured gives the folks who are most financially unconstrained a huge advantage in setting the final price. There is a fairly large pool of folks who seem committed to rushing CP resources into production at the highest crossover price. This ALWAYS prevents those with tight budgets from taking part in the CP process, because for them to get an affordable price, more people have to get involved and that takes time. It's not that there aren't enough people who would like to get the CP item if it was more affordable. It's that there is rarely an opportunity for them to participate because the gavel drops waaaaaaaaay before those folks can make their numbers known. I'm pretty sure that TONS of folks would pay $20 for the Hebrews and Deuteronomy courses. Even more would pay $1 for them. How many? WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH to cover the expenses of production.

So why don't we see it happening? Because it's IMPOSSIBLE for it to happen the way the program is currently implemented. Greedy rich folk lock them out of participating by forcing the CPs to close before they can afford to get involved. FL is complicit in this by the way the system is designed. And if these people can't take advantage of the CP offering, then chances are pretty high they will never have opportunity to get the resource at the higher retail cost.

There is no reason to rush these items into production, particularly if that means locking out those who need a lower price. The irony is, though, that if the price points of CPs were geared toward the low end of the scale rather than the high end, I believe many of these CPs would close in record time. The problem is that tons of folks have been conditioned to ignore CPs because they are too rich for their wallets and pocketbooks, even at the much lower prices. But if they KNEW they could get a 20-25 hour video course for $5? Many would find a way to budget for two or even ten such purchases every month. And if this covers the production cost, where's the downside?

I find to be extraordinary that so many Logos customers seem to begrudge other customers a chance to share in the good deals, and they often do so even though the better deals would benefit them financially as well. These folks simply don't care if others get to participate. It's just gimme, gimme, gimme. I recognize that in some ways this is conditioned into them by the fact some CPs they want never do get produced, and so they want to assure production. But these mEd CPs are a different thing all together. Most of these ALREADY ARE BEING PRODUCED. FL isn't going to produce them and not release them.

Again, what needs to happen most of all is that FL needs a complete restructuring of the CP program, one that is geared to MAXIMIZING CUSTOMER PARTICIPATION. This is the YouTube generation, and musty old 100 year old public domain books (even though they are digitalized) may be a hard sell for many (I think they're often great), but VIDEOS won't meet with the same resistance. Marketed properly, with mind-boggling basement discounts, thousands of customers could be conditioned to set aside a monthly allotment for their purchase, and FL's expenses would be covered just as they are now...perhaps to an even greater extent.

Posts 2197
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 11:14 AM

David Paul:
Greedy rich folk lock them out of participating by forcing the CPs to close before they can afford to get involved. FL is complicit in this by the way the system is designed.

Come on David, it's bible software not commodities trading. Your overstatement of the situation only hurts your argument. I think Logos would try most ideas if they felt, they could 1. not lose money and 2. get more product sold. Name calling and condescending comments will only turn most people off to your ideas.

It did me.

Posts 754
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 1:42 PM

David,

I agree with your economic statements, but I game the system slightly differently.  Since I expect the product to cross the line at $90 if nothing is done, I have bid $80.  $80 seems to be the next lowest bid which is close.  I believe that if people see that the price line has two peaks, then they might choose the lower bid.

I plan to mark "Email me replies to this post." for this thread.  I will depend on you, David, to post to this thread if there is a material change in the price, including if the line crosses the strike point.

Thanks!

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 9:58 PM

And it closes on Friday -  currently at $90 - at 3pm Eastern . Get your bids in now or miss out Yes

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 12:10 AM

David Carter:

Get your bids in now or miss out Yes

Translation: "Let them eat cake."

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 12:40 AM

John Fidel:

Come on David, it's bible software not commodities trading. Your overstatement of the situation only hurts your argument. I think Logos would try most ideas if they felt, they could 1. not lose money and 2. get more product sold. Name calling and condescending comments will only turn most people off to your ideas.

It did me.

Is that so? If only your distaste wasn't an ironic confirmation of my words. Why ironic? Your charge of "overstatement" was IMMEDIATELY nullified by the comment that followed.

David Carter:
Get your bids in now or miss out Yes

I couldn't have crafted a more perfect example of the "I've got mine, sucker!" mentality if I tried. It's a perfect example of one type of customer ignoring and disdaining the hopes of others and choosing to...

David Paul:
...lock them out of participating by forcing the CPs to close before they can afford to get involved.  

So, I'm only left to wonder how you are so blind to the fact it's NOT "overstatement". There have been many similar examples of customer attitudes that explicitly exemplify what I said.

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 2:34 AM

David Paul:
I find to be extraordinary that so many Logos customers seem to begrudge other customers a chance to share in the good deals,

Hi Brother,

To be fair, this offer has been going since March and it closes mid may. Faithlife have sent a couple of e-mails out at least to let people know about the offer and it has been "advertised" by people here and the posts have mainly been on the first page of the forums. I honestly can understand your frustrations but for me CP finds its own level and after 6 or 7 weeks there can't be that many more people around that would be interested in it at the moment. There are plenty of CPs that close and are removed because of lack of interest over a really extended period of time and they just will never happen.  I am not quite sure what faithlife could do to help you when what appears to be the only thing that could help the situation is more people who would want to buy the product.  At the end of the day if the price was dropped to say $45 it would means that the participation would have to increase by 200%. But, if there were that many people out there right now would participated and said they would chip in at $45 then the price would be at $45 :-)   I suppose they could force the price and set it to $45, but would there ever be enough people to cover the costs if they haven't attracted that many people in 2 months ? Everyone that chipped in could wait a year to find out that the price would have to increase etc. If you have a good idea though e-mail Bob. He would honestly listen to you and if he thinks your idea would work then I am pretty sure he would give it a go. 

In Christ,

Dave

Posts 8
Benjamin Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 3:32 AM

Dave Thawley:
But, if there were that many people out there right now would participated and said they would chip in at $45 then the price would be at $45 :-)

But that's impossible because Logos only gives a certain price window to bid within, and it does not include $45.  In fact, if I understand the history correctly (I have not been following this CP closely myself), it did not include even $70 until recently.

Thus, the people that might have been willing to be in at $45 never had a chance to bid.  They may not have ever even clicked on the CP because they saw the likely ending price of $90 (or above in the past).

This is David Paul's entire point, that there are more willing bidders out there, but they never have a chance to bid because that price point is never made available to them because high rollers close the CP at a high price point rather than going low and opening up the bid window more.

Posts 2197
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 4:53 AM

David Paul:
So, I'm only left to wonder how you are so blind to the fact it's NOT "overstatement". There have been many similar examples of customer attitudes that explicitly exemplify what I said.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Once the resource is over the line, should there not be any attempt to motivate people to bid it down so more people can maybe afford it? It will close on the 19th. How can trying to get people to bid in this instance prove your case? What should be the responsible, considerate action at this point?

Posts 3190
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:31 AM

Benjamin Burns:

Dave Thawley:
But, if there were that many people out there right now would participated and said they would chip in at $45 then the price would be at $45 :-)

But that's impossible because Logos only gives a certain price window to bid within, and it does not include $45.  In fact, if I understand the history correctly (I have not been following this CP closely myself), it did not include even $70 until recently.

That's correct. When the CP started the minimum bid was $120. FL lowered it to $90 (which became the new projected price), then to $80, then $70.

In general, I don't think that any of us are "high rollers," because we bid whatever FL originally set as the minimum. If the minimum started out at $50, everyone would have bid that instead of $120, and this could have closed at $50 or less.

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:50 AM

This is 84% off. It has a week to go even lower. Bid green for what will hopefully be a tremendous value and blessing.

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS