Interlinear readability?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 141
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 4 2017 7:03 PM

Hey guys,

Is this how the Interlinear is supposed to look? 

It's pretty hard to read!

It would be a lot easier to read if I could make the interlinear lines a different font, smaller, and lighter in colour...

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 8:25 PM

Well, ignoring the greek issue, and the sparse glossification, if you had Libby, you could re-order the lines. Yes, you read that right. Powerful software (periodically).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1607
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 10:56 PM

Andrew116:
It would be a lot easier to read if I could make the interlinear lines a different font, smaller, and lighter in colour...

I agree.

One another possibility is to have different font in the manuscript line, currently possible in Greek but not in Latin.

And user.definable line spacing could also help.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 26248
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:19 AM

Andrew116:

Is this how the Interlinear is supposed to look? 

It's pretty hard to read!

The sparse glossification is due to the filter Reader's Edition; and this contributes significantly to your issue. You can

• change manuscript font as suggested above; or
  • change font size in the panel menu;
  • change background color of the resource panel might also help (Program Settings)
  • have extra lines of interlinear information to increase vertical spacing of manuscript lines.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 141
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:20 PM

Thanks Dave, all of that is helpful but seems to undercut the point of the readers interlinear.

i know Logos cares about typography. Maybe someone can give this some love?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS