Formatting of Home Page on Two Monitors

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 63
Jim Dunne | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 5 2017 12:52 PM

Hi,

I'm a lightweight Logos user, so apologies in advance if there's some incredibly obvious way to solve the problem I have.  OK, maybe "problem" is too strong a word.  How about "Annoyance" or "Peeve"?  :)

Simply put, when I start logos (to the Home Screen), and open it to span across both my monitors, there's no clean break/arrangement across the monitors of the various windows.  In other words, some of the windows that hang out in the "middle" of the session display are split into two pieces, instead of neatly shifting to one monitor or the other.  Is there a way to make that happen?

I recently applied the Logos 7 base package to my installation, but this isn't a new thing.

I'm running two HANNspree 16x9 monitors.  There doesn't seem to be any problem with displaying the application, and response time is fine (for Logos). 

Any guidance would be welcome.  Point me to a wiki, or another forum post, and I will be a happy man!

Thanks,

Jim Dunne

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:00 PM

As far as I know, FL doesn't have any support for two monitors the way you discuss. The home page is meant to display on one monitor. You have two monitors displaying as a single monitor. Right? Your desktop is "extended."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:19 PM

Jim Dunne:
Is there a way to make that happen?

Jim

its quite easy. Logos will open on one screen. Decide what you want to stay on that screen and then choose "float this panel" for the things you want on the other side. Once you have arranged and linked them as you wish save this as a Layout - the one I have attached is a bad example but it gives you an idea. Next time you open logos choose the layout for the two screen and it will automatically generate the way you wish.

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:21 PM

What I do is to create a floating window - I just right click on any of the tabs and  chose floating window. I then move this new window onto the other desktop and maximise it. I can add different resources to it just like I can do with the main window but withough the problem of just streching the main window. Linksets work across the widows as well as does hovering over words to get information to come up in the information box. 

Good luck

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:22 PM

Stephen - That isn't the homepage and it doesn't span the two monitors. 

Posts 611
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:23 PM

StephenMcC:

Jim

its quite easy. Logos will open on one screen

I think we must have pressed send at the same time lol

Posts 63
Jim Dunne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:33 PM

Ahhh, I see the difference now.

Reading the other replies, it seems like the best solution is to let the home page open on a single monitor, and then apply the other suggestions to have the study workspaces open cleanly across the two monitors.

Do I have that correct?

Thanks,

Jim D.

Posts 63
Jim Dunne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:34 PM

alabama24:

As far as I know, FL doesn't have any support for two monitors the way you discuss. The home page is meant to display on one monitor. You have two monitors displaying as a single monitor. Right? Your desktop is "extended."

Yep, you're exactly correct.

JD

Posts 412
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:40 PM

alabama24:
tephen - That isn't the homepage and it doesn't span the two monitors.

Alabama is correct. The homepage doesn't span two monitors naturally but can only be stretched across the two. I misread.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 5 2017 3:31 PM

Jim Dunne:

Reading the other replies, it seems like the best solution is to let the home page open on a single monitor, and then apply the other suggestions to have the study workspaces open cleanly across the two monitors.

Do I have that correct?

Yes. As the others expressed, you can have a floating panel on the second screen, but that is two distinct panels, not a single, unified one. The homepage is a single panel. Any attempts to span two monitors will cause the problem you described. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS