Anyone on Creators Update Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 7 2017 9:56 AM

Wondering if anyone is using this with Logos 7 and have any issues or notice any improvements?

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 1:00 PM

Hello Mab,

Thank you very much for your message. I'm actually currently using Logos 7 on my personal machine with the Win 10 Creator's update. So far I would say there are some minor issues, like the occasional CLOCK_WATCHDOG error but in regards to improvements the experience is mostly the same. They recently added something called "Game Mode" which allocates all resources to a task but unfortunately Logos can't be used with it. Crying

I think once the full release of Creator's Update is out there will be less errors at least. 

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 3:05 PM

I suspect it will be mostly business as usual. I don't like being a guinea pig for Microsoft, but my overall take on Windows 10 is that it's better all around.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2394
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 4:50 AM

Christian Villapando:

They recently added something called "Game Mode" which allocates all resources to a task but unfortunately Logos can't be used with it. Crying

What determines if “Game Mode” can be used / turned on ?  That is how does Win 10 Creator determine that something is a "game"?

Maybe Faithlife could make a minor change to be seen as a game.

Posts 2394
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 8 2017 4:51 AM

Christian Villapando:

They recently added something called "Game Mode" which allocates all resources to a task but unfortunately Logos can't be used with it. Crying

What determines if “Game Mode” can be used / turned on ?  That is how does Win 10 Creator determine that something is a "game"?

Maybe Faithlife could make a minor change to be seen as a game.

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 16 2017 11:41 PM

I updated two laptops so far. No news really other than a painless update. Everything seems to be working fine.

My desktop is updating as I write this.

I was going to wait, but it's easier to do this sort of thing as maintenance and get on with God's business. 

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 17 2017 12:18 AM

Using Creator as well and I have not had any issue or noticeable change in Logos performance either good or bad.

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 17 2017 3:17 AM

Over the last day or so I've updated two desktop PCs from Windows 10  version 1607 to 1703 (Creators) and they seem to work perfectly. One of the PCs has Logos 7 running and no problems have been experienced. I'm currently updating an ASUS tablet which has Logos 7 installed and don't anticipate any difficulties. Keep well  Paul 

Posts 2237
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 8:31 AM

I did have a driver to scrounge up that Microsoft couldn't find. It probably should have been put in beforehand, but MS Update doesn't flag driver issues. 

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 5:19 PM
I upgraded to the Creators Update on my Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855. The upgrade went smoothly, and everything seems to work fine. Once I used Disk Cleanup to remove my old Windows installation, I noticed that I had gained 3 GB of free disk space compared to my old installation. With a 64 GB internal drive, that's significant. I like the new Night Light feature. Microsoft Edge runs more smoothly on my Dell now. Verbum runs about the same as before. I see that I can now read ebooks on Microsoft Edge. I may try that and see what it's like. So far, all seems well.
Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 18 2017 7:23 PM

Running Creator's, and Logos 7 is working perfectly for me on it. No issues at all. 

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS