Article generation - parable search

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 201
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 12 2017 5:14 AM

I did a search on parable and in the factbook section, I clicked on the first three parables.

The third had a "PASSAGES" section which opened the passage which gave a preview and would open the passage in a new window when clicked.

The other two did not have this. I could not find a way to get to the passage easily.

All three had a "Respond ?" but it was grayed out. They ask for input, but do not allow it?

It would be great if they all made it as easy as "Parable of the forgiven debtor" to get to the passage.

Posts 201
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 6:46 AM

I typed in something to the text entry box for feedback and saw "Send Feedback" appear at the bottom of the entry box.

Could not this text entry box also contain "Start typing to enable sending feedback"

I clicked on the "?" , "Respond", "This article", "Help make" with no response.

Posts 3253
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 12 2017 12:53 PM

Bob Diebel:
I typed in something to the text entry box for feedback and saw "Send Feedback" appear at the bottom of the entry box.

It's definitely not intuitive or friendly that the "Send Feedback" button appears once there is feedback to be sent.

Perhaps FL could leave it visible, but disable it if there is no feedback to be sent.

Bob Diebel:

Could not this text entry box also contain "Start typing to enable sending feedback"

If a program has to resort to providing an explanation like that, then there's an underlying UX issue that should be fixed. Text entry boxes generally shouldn't be filled with instructions on how to use the program.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS