My Misguided Peeking at my Logos Library Book Count

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:52 AM

So... do many of you do this also?

I go to Logos.com to order a book (for download, Logos 4, love the downloads!). So I find what I want, then see it's in a collection with a bunch of other stuff for only 10x the price so I click that instead.

Then I see "related" items, and several minutes and many dollars later, I click to place the order and then think, "Okay, now HOW am I going to pay for all this?" (This isn't my point here. I KNOW many of you do THIS! Wink   )

Then I do the download thing, restart Logos, update, start the re-index, etc.

->But what I REALLY can't wait to see is: HOW MUCH HAS MY LIBRARY BOOK COUNT GONE UP NOW?

If it goes up to the next hundred mark, I am thrilled. If it happens to push me to the next THOUSANDS mark (happens to all of us only 2, 3, or 4 times on the average), I AM ELATED!!!

***It is almost like I like that my book count went up MORE THAN I LIKE THE BOOKS THEMSELVES!***

Is that misguided or what???

But I do it. I suspect some of you do too.

I don't think this is a sin.... but it is very fleshy isn't it?

We can be such knuckleheads.

Posts 73
Tom Bartzsch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:21 AM

I almost missed this post - I was on the Logos website to check if any of my prepubs have moved from N/A to an estimated ship date, since I'm close to cresting another hundred marker.Wink

Tom

1 Cor 2:2

Posts 4662
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:24 AM

Greg Perry:

I don't think this is a sin.... but it is very fleshy isn't it?

We can be such knuckleheads.

I'm not sure if it's a sin or not...if it is I have sinned to the level of L4 Platinum. Take peace from the words of Paul

"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me."

Blame it on AdamStick out tongue

Posts 35
Greg Perry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:34 AM

>>>Blame it on Adam

And Bob Pritchett!

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:03 PM

Greg Perry:

>>>Blame it on Adam

And Bob Pritchett!

Adam, meet Bob.Devil Devil Bob, meet Adam

Bob & Adam, Devil Devil Angel meet Matthew

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:13 PM

Guilty on all accounts. In fact just yesterday I reviewed an order that should be coming in the mail soon to see how many resources it will add to my library. In the original beta the only way to get a book count was to run a collection for rating:>=0. I was thrilled that the ability was so much easier then in 3.0. Logos knew what they were doing when they added the number to the Library filter box...

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:30 PM

Greg Perry:
***It is almost like I like that my book count went up MORE THAN I LIKE THE BOOKS THEMSELVES!***

Y'all remember to take your wives out to dinner often and buy her lots of flowers while you buy all those books!! Pizza

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:33 PM

<ahem category="mockingly self righteous">I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about. </ahem>

Nina, I'll be sure to do just that.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:48 PM

I can see now this is gonna cost me.

I purchased my wife Nina the Bible Study Library license in January. She now has a netbook and knows how to sign in to the forums. She is delighted to have her own account. (How come there was no caveat about spouses with dual licenses?  Bob?)

Homework assignment  Build a Caveat label using the following terms: Quid pro quo, "the puppy followed me home",  stalker, impeding freedom of expression, 5000 resources, Camp Logos Alaskan Cruise, pizza tonight.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 1:02 PM

Matthew, Matthew, Matthew.  I'm just shaking my head trying to figure out how to respond.  Nina, Do you have any suggestions?

Devil This could be fun!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:39 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Camp Logos Alaskan Cruise, pizza tonight.

Sounds good to me! Big Smile

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:21 PM

Maybe this will satisfy the itch or spur on some new resource purchases....

Posts 648
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 4:30 PM

Wow... Here I am wondering when I'll get around to fully checking out the 580 or so resources I have... I feel as though it may be time to start LRAA (Logos Resource Addicts Anonymous) for some of my dear friends in the forums... :)

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:05 PM

Nina

Your husband needs prayer (or maybe a second job)Smile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3189
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:07 PM

74 thousand books!! no way! Gotta be a typo. Man you need donations to support your other life. 74,000. I thought I was doing good close to 3000.

Yep I'm a peeker too. We all are, let's face it, buying books is great. how many of us used to and still do, walk into our studies and look at our finely displayed book shelves. I make sure all my hard copy books flow from the left to the right. Left being the taller books. Dust covers off and carefully cut and taped inside the front and back covers, all maticulously numbered as well,  of course the heavy-hitters, Kittles, various theologies and primo commentaries are set so anyone can oh and awe. of course I'm usually the only one who notices and walks into my study. but I still get that chill everytime I look at a hard-earned set of commentaries. Now somebody needs to find out a way that our Logos books can be displayed so we can marvel and wonder why the cable bill or hydro bill got put on hold last month. Having said that, golf season is ready to begin in Canada and I suspect that a twelve-pack of books will be replaced with a twelve-pack of ProV 1's - NOT ;)

mm.

Posts 18767
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:34 PM

Dominick Sela:

Maybe this will satisfy the itch or spur on some new resource purchases....

Ha ha! Very nice Photoshop job. I almost believed you for a minute there. Logos only has something like 10,000 books in its catalogue so you must be pulling our leg.

Posts 3189
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:39 PM

Please don't tell me this was a con-job!! Because of the snap shot and his 74,000 books I just bought the Complete set of the NICOT and NICNT plus about 895.00 + extra resources so I could get on my way to 4000 books.

Rosie I know you're kidding right??? Please tell me you're kidding.

mm.

Posts 201
Garrett Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:43 PM

It wouldn't be too hard to copy a 7 and add it to the front of a reasonable 4,733 number in photoshop.

The easy way to know if it is possible would be to check the FTP site and see how many resources are currently available, and adjust the number from there.

Posts 27039
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:45 PM

Just curious - How are the user created resources counter?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3669
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:48 PM

Since there aren't any, yet (absent PBBs)... ? Or are you asking how WILL they be counted?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS