I didn't realize people still read the NIV... Weird

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 2:10 PM

craig_harris:

I didn't realize people still read the NIV... Weird

List of top selling translations:

http://www.cbaonline.org/nm/documents/BSLs/Bible_Translations.pdf

What's the weird part?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3
Mark Papierski | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 5:16 AM

Normal 0 false false false

The transition to all my products (including the NIV) with Olive Tree went very well yesterday and it’s great to have all my offline bibles on one platform.  Your product line at Logos has great potential, but folks are definitely going to migrate towards Olive Tree if you and Zondervan don’t reach an agreement soon.  I was so impressed with their service and iPod Touch functionality that I purchased an additional $68 in new software.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2011 1:35 PM

OR the other way, as myself and others have done ..., migrate away from NIV and Zondervan, to something else. In my case, ESV is now my main Bible (replacing NIV), and LOGOS products remain my main Computer bible study tools. I still peek at NIV on paper, or a PC if I really want, buts its no longer my default. My iPad loves ESV and it has full tap-the-word interlinear lookup, and linking to BDAG if I want to take a peek at words, which I use often. In that ESV is more "literal" than NIV, its better for this kind of thing. Even if NIV comes out on iPad next week, I would not change back!

Posts 2820
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 24 2011 9:49 PM

Mark Papierski:
folks are definitely going to migrate towards Olive Tree if you and Zondervan don’t reach an agreement soon

I am seriously committed to the NIV.  I have used it as my primary Bible since 1984.  However, I am even more seriously committed to Logos, and regardless of NIV, would never migrate to other Bible software.  The investment that I have in Logos - thousands of dollars and resources - make that an impossibility. 

The other resources far outweigh the loss of NIV, if that is required.  It is the NIV, not Logos that I will migrate from - if it comes to that.  I hope the NIV gets reasonable in allowing Logos to offer it on the iPad before I become totally adapted to another translation. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2351
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 7:45 PM

Mark Papierski:

Normal 0 false false false

The transition to all my products (including the NIV) with Olive Tree went very well yesterday and it’s great to have all my offline bibles on one platform.  Your product line at Logos has great potential, but folks are definitely going to migrate towards Olive Tree if you and Zondervan don’t reach an agreement soon.  I was so impressed with their service and iPod Touch functionality that I purchased an additional $68 in new software.

[there are two threads on the same topic]  Question: Now that you have the NIV on your iPod Touch can you also use it all other mobile platforms? [for no extra fee] or is Zondervan going to collect yet another $19 from you when you move to the other phone not by Apple? [and maybe all of the others also - Logos got many to say OK but most still want pay per platform]

Posts 130
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 29 2011 8:30 AM

I contacted Zondervan and here is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting Zondervan.

I apologize that you were given incorrect information.  Logos does have permission to supply their customer the use of Zondervan titles on iPads.  In regards to the NIV, Zondervan and Logos are currently working on this and hopes to have something in place soon.

Logos sent the following information back to Zondervan regarding the information you gave us.

Our CS manager sent a reminder to all of our staff regarding Zondervan content on our mobile platforms. So, everyone should once again be up to speed on this and should not be telling any customer that the content isn't accessible.

Thank you

Zondervan Customer Care

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS