Logos 4 Crashes when doing Bible Word Study in Greek

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 18
Thomas Thornhill | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:42 PM

Greetings.  My Logos 4.0b program crashes whenever I enter a Greek word in the Bible Word Study.  I have traced it to the Septuagint.  I have created separate Word Studies with the Septuagint not included and it will do the word study.  This crash occurred even before the latest update to 4.0b

Attached is my latest crash file 4075.Logos4Crash.txt

Thanks as always for your good info.  This is an invaluable tool as Logos continues developing its program and introducing new changes.  Keep up the good work and God bless.

Tom Thornhill

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

ThomasThornhill:

Greetings.  My Logos 4.0b program crashes whenever I enter a Greek word in the Bible Word Study.  I have traced it to the Septuagint.  I have created separate Word Studies with the Septuagint not included and it will do the word study.  This crash occurred even before the latest update to 4.0b

This error typically means that problem encountered while downloading one of the reverse interlinears from our site corrupted the resource file. Since the problem is in the Septuagint section, it will be the LXXHEB.lbsrvi file that's causing the problems.

Open Windows Explorer to the "C:\Users\Thornhill 1\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\...\ResourceManager\Resources" folder and delete the LXXHEB.lbsrvi file. (The "..." in that folder name will be a random name specific to your computer; it will be the only subfolder of the "Data" folder.)

After restarting Logos 4, enter update resources into the Command Box (next to the Tools menu) to force a rescan of your resources and a re-download of this file.

Posts 18
Thomas Thornhill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:17 PM

Thanks Bradley for the help.  I eliminated the file and restarted logos4.   No more crashes.  However, I do not have the Septuagint in BWS at all.  I have attempted update resources several time with no success.  I even copied the file lxxheb.lbsrvi from by copy of logos 4 on my laptop and pasted it in the folder on the computer with the problem.  It does not recognize it.  I have removed that copy.  Now when I update resources it does not find any to update.  I have checked the log on my computer and the file is not there.  I DO have the LXX.lbxlls (which I believe is the Libronix 3.0 version of this source) but that is it in LXX.

Is there a way to manually load the file or something else I can do? 

Thanks

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:49 PM

ThomasThornhill:

Thanks Bradley for the help.  I eliminated the file and restarted logos4.   No more crashes.  However, I do not have the Septuagint in BWS at all.  I have attempted update resources several time with no success.  I even copied the file lxxheb.lbsrvi from by copy of logos 4 on my laptop and pasted it in the folder on the computer with the problem.  It does not recognize it.  I have removed that copy.  Now when I update resources it does not find any to update.  I have checked the log on my computer and the file is not there.  I DO have the LXX.lbxlls (which I believe is the Libronix 3.0 version of this source) but that is it in LXX.

Is there a way to manually load the file or something else I can do? 

Thanks

I'm not Bradley, but the update resources command should work for this.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 27240
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:28 PM

Place any missing files in a folder eg. c:\L4Missing. Type scan c:\L4Missing into the Command box and then restart L4. It should import the file and may even index it.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 18
Thomas Thornhill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:12 PM

Thank you Dave, I created a folder on my desktop and followed your instructions.  It worked.  Much appreciated to everyone for your help.

Tom

Posts 18
Thomas Thornhill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:12 PM

Thanks to others for your help as well.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS