A16 "PREPARING YOUR LIBRARY" [3+ hours and counting]

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:27 AM

opened A16 this morning and it downloaded a 115MB update;  closed the L4 and reopened;  will not load past the "Preparing your Library-this may take a while" screen!  HELP!

LOGS: 22418.Archive.zip

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:40 AM

Wade,

I can't see what's wrong in your logs because the proper logging is not turned on.

You'll need to download the nlog.config file mentioned in Joe Miller's tutorial video and replace the existing nlog.config in your /Users/<your_user>/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Logging folder with the one you downloaded to properly enable logging. See the FAQ link in my signature, item #6 for a link to the video.

If you can post the logs, I'll take a look when I get into the office.

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:01 AM

LOGS:

73536.Archive.zip

*hope this is right?!  thx tom

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:14 AM

Much better. Yep, you've been bitten by the same problem I was yesterday with the resource update. The good news is that I've fixed it, the bad news is we need to release an update to get things working again.

We'll post in the forums after the new release goes out.

Posts 50
meitnik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:56 AM

Thanks for the explaining. Ok, I will just wait. Should I force quit the preparing part and not launch a16? Where do I go from here.

Thanks for your hard work.

andrew

{Choose Life, Create Hope, Nurture Love, Wrestle Faith...}

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:26 AM

THX TOM!

~FYI~

i restarted the L4-A16 and it actually is open now and "seemingly" working.....i'll just continue to use it till it acts up again [i got two kids - i think i can handle A16] Cool

Posts 328
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:40 AM

Mine has the same problem. I am no longer able to use L4. When do we have the update?

Posts 328
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:30 AM

I re-down loaded L4-A16. I installed this and it appears to be working again. Time will tell if the problem is solved.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:10 PM

Alpha 16a is out which also fixes the issue.

Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 12:55 PM

Tom, is 16a supposed to download automatically, or should it be manually downloaded?

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:10 PM

If you're not having problems, it should download automatically. If you were having problems, you'll need to download it manually, since the indexer will die before it has a chance to download the updates.

Posts 491
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:35 PM

Manual download did the trick. Now it looks like other updates are downloading, too.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 82
Wade Bishop | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:58 PM

thx TOM now enjoy your vacation!!

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:15 PM

Wade Bishop:
thx TOM now enjoy your vacation!!

Who said anything about a vacation? Although, BibleTech 2010 is this weekend, so most of the Mac devs (and Windows devs) will be in San Jose, CA Friday and Saturday.

Posts 1
Robert Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:33 AM

Thankx Tom

Was having the preparing your library on my Mac Pro - Had canceled an update yesterday morning cause I was in the middle of something. Anyway per your suggestion manually downloaded the 16a update and installed it.  WORKED. Thank you very much. Robert Curtis - Village ChurchWink

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:51 AM

I have this same "Preparing your library" problem with A16a. But I didn't have it with A16. Any ideas??

Posts 3
hb | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 10:26 PM

I just got the same problem "preparing your library". And I have no idea what is A16... anyway.. I looking for a refund. Very disappointed 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 7 2011 10:53 PM

Hilton Bux:

I just got the same problem "preparing your library". And I have no idea what is A16... anyway.. I looking for a refund. Very disappointed 

Welcome to Logos forums Big Smile

This forum thread is almost a year old; A16 is an abbreviation for Logos 4 Mac Alpha 16 pre-release (shipped March 22, 2010).  Wiki has Mac Release Notes and History - Thankful Logos 4 Mac has substantially improved in a year.

Initially Logos 4 Mac downloads resource files then locally indexes them - can take several hours "preparing your library" (suspect blue icon in menu bar - can hover mouse on blue Logos icon for % complete).  Once indexing complete, can search Logos library (also used for visual filter highlighting - e.g. can color code Bible text based on Greek word form).

Mac Troubleshooting page has How to Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac - can open Indexer.log file to monitor progress (by default, log file scrolls as new lines are written).

Logos 4 Mac is a powerful Bible Study program that takes time to learn and use.  Wiki has Logos 4 Mac with links to Logos Mac videos (including Installation).

For a refund, recommend calling Logos => http://www.logos.com/about/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
hb | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 8 2011 12:21 AM

Thank you. I finally get the software running. The waiting / loading to much longer than I expected. But thank you for all the information. Now I need to learn how to use it.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS