Book Shelf

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 54
Christopher Easton | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 20 2017 2:24 PM

Is there a way to keep Logos books that I am reading in one location? I use the shortcut feature…Is this the only way? Also any chance Logos will integrate with www.goodreads.com in the future?

Thanks!

Posts 249
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:46 PM

Christopher, I created a collection for all of the resources I am in the process of reading.  The filter for the collection is "mytag:reading" and when I start reading a book that I want to read cover-to-cover I add the tag "reading" to that resource so that it will appear in the collection.  I won't lose track of what I'm reading, because all of the books with the "reading" tag appear in one location--my "Reading" Collection.

Does that help?

Posts 366
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:55 PM

That is a great tip Brad!! Thank you

Posts 249
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 10:07 PM

My pleasure, Keith.  By the way, this wiki page ( https://wiki.logos.com/Tagging ) is a bit dated, but still provides relevant and helpful explanations and images related to both tagging and collections.

Posts 1440
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 20 2017 11:45 PM

You can also use: 

1. bookmarks
  2. favorites
  3. layouts or
  4. drag a shortcut to your toolbar

All those are good ways.

Posts 312
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 6:37 AM

That is a good tip... Thanks for sharing

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 1988
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 23 2017 2:03 PM

I'd keep them all on a tablet. Very simple and always at the location you left off.

The aim is never to become a master of the Word, but to be mastered by it. D.A. Carson | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 98
Jon Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 7:28 PM

Brad:

Christopher, I created a collection for all of the resources I am in the process of reading.  The filter for the collection is "mytag:reading" and when I start reading a book that I want to read cover-to-cover I add the tag "reading" to that resource so that it will appear in the collection.  I won't lose track of what I'm reading, because all of the books with the "reading" tag appear in one location--my "Reading" Collection.

Does that help?

Brad, when you make the collection, how do you then utilize it to list the books you are currently reading? 

Posts 249
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 9:43 PM

Jon Bradley:

Brad, when you make the collection, how do you then utilize it to list the books you are currently reading? 

Jon, I open that specific collection from my collections list (click Tools, then Collections) or I just bypass the collections list altogether by clicking the library icon and entering the "mytag:reading" filter (without the quotation marks).  The collection is especially helpful if you want to search books you've been reading recently.  But if you just want to see the list quickly and start reading, I'd use the mytag filter in the library list.

Posts 343
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 1:44 AM

I have tags for "to read" where I queue up books for future, "currently reading" for the present (with a collection based on the tag, and a shortcut to the collection in the shortcuts bar), and "completed [year]" tags so I have a note of when I read them.

I have reading plans set up for most of the books that I'm reading, so I generally have access to them all on my home page anyway, but there are a couple of books that I just pick up as and when it's convenient, and I'll tend to open them from the collection.

Posts 102
Michael S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:19 AM

How do you set up a "reading plan" for the books you are currently reading?  That is something new to me.

Posts 1165
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:33 PM

Michael S.:

How do you set up a "reading plan" for the books you are currently reading?  That is something new to me.

This is from L6, but it is very similar in 7

https://www.logos.com/training/logos6/desktop/reading-plans

Posts 13
Steve Mckiearnan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 28 2017 8:03 PM

Ok, I'm  a little slow could some tell me how to use the bookmarks function on logos 7?Big Smile

Posts 24145
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 28 2017 8:08 PM

Steve Mckiearnan:

Ok, I'm  a little slow could some tell me how to use the bookmarks function on logos 7?Big Smile

Open "favorites" under tools. 

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 1440
Gao Lu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 29 2017 5:14 PM

These keyboard shortcuts may help:

Ctrl+Shift+1...9   Set 1- 9 bookmarks

Ctrl+1...9            Go to 1-9 bookmarks

Posts 13
Steve Mckiearnan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 29 2017 5:54 PM

SmileSmile

Thank you for the help. Been using logos for a long time and just learned how to make bookmarks.

Posts 1141
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 30 2017 7:58 AM

I have 3 collections for currently reading, finished reading, and books to be read in the future. For my reading this keeps everything in place in one location.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.