Logos on USB flash iii

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 30 2017 10:26 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Download junction.exe from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768 and save it in C:\Users

The junction.zip download has two executables:

• junction.exe
  • junction64.exe

Microsoft Developer Network has more information about NTFS Junction or Directory Symbolic Link => https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/aaron_margosis/2012/12/09/using-ntfs-junctions-to-fix-application-compatibility-issues-on-64-bit-editions-of-windows/

Windows 7 and newer include mklink command.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 839
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 30 2017 1:57 PM

I completed the installation with the pointer to my Resources folder on my microSD card. The resources were discovered. Now my tablet is indexing and that likely will take a while.

Posts 839
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 6 2017 10:04 AM

I just wanted to report back that I have successfully completed this installation with the symbolic link to the Resources folder on my microSD card. I have been running this installation for a week now and there have been no issues. Thanks for your help, KS4J!

Seriously, if Faithlife will not allow us to select which resources to run on an installation with a small internal drive, they should formally support this type of an installation that allows those of us with small Windows tablets to use the desktop app on them.

Posts 25652
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 6 2017 1:15 PM

Bill Anderson:
Faithlife... should formally support this type of an installation that allows those of us with small Windows tablets to use the desktop app on them.

There is too much risk e.g. "I just lost my resources", "Junction didn't work". Provided you understand the variables of a non-standard installation format and an SD card it should continue to work.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1987
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 6 2017 1:46 PM

Bill Anderson:
Seriously, if Faithlife will not allow us to select which resources to run on an installation with a small internal drive, they should formally support this type of an installation that allows those of us with small Windows tablets to use the desktop app on them.

This would have saved me over $1000 dollars when I had to upgrade my Surface Pro I to a SP4--only because of SSD space.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1041
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 7 2017 6:15 AM

Bill & KS4J

Many many thanks to both of you. I had a similar problem and this has solved it. Not ideal but what is ideal in this world anyway!

Yep I am smiling as well. Smile

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS