Logos(Verbum) 6 no longer works on my computer

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 135
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 26 2017 8:36 AM

I am having serious problems with Logos (Verbum) 6.  It worked on my computer in the past, but now will not.

It seems over the years the size of Logos has increased and my computer has got slower.

I have a HP Pavilion g6-2241 laptop, bought about three years ago, with Window 10 Home, 8 GB RAM, 432 GB free space, 1920 x 1080 resolution.

My problem seems to be my processor, which is AMD Dual-Core E2-1800, APU and AMD HD 7340 graphics.

What should I do to run version 6, but with the option to upgrade to Logos (Verbum) 7?

Should I:

1. Buy a new computer. I note Intel i5 processor is recommended. What minimum i5 would you suggest?
  2. Get a new processor in my existing computer.  I am told this is not simple.
  3. Run a subset of Logos, as I do not use most resources
  4. Tidy/clean my existing computer; task manager varies, but shows over 90% CPU usage at times.
  5. Get a different computer. I believe laptops are being considered by some obsolete.
  6. What other options should I try?  I have been using Logos (Libronix) since the start of the millennium, and have bought many extra resources and upgrades, but now I cannot use it efficiently.

I would appreciate help and advice

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 10:09 AM

Hey Noel! We're sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you be able to describe what the program is doing, and any error messages that are coming up? There's a chance whatever is happening is fixable within the program itself.

One of the best things to help us diagnose these sort of issues are diagnostic logs that the program can make. You can find our page on creating them here.

Posts 135
Noel Fitzpatrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 26 2017 2:01 PM

Hey Brandyn,

thank you so much for your prompt and positive reply.

I tried to run both Logos and Verbum again, and after much delay they worked. My problem was probably due to being at the limit of my processor capability, and response times were excessively long.

I was able to get programs to start with very  small layouts  - English and Greek Bibles and Enhanced Strong's Lexicon.

Does layout size slow Logos/Verbum?

Also do some settings slow these?

Is it possible to have Logos with a subset of resources, as most I do not use?

My problem now is to optimize performance, but I fear problems will re-emerge.

Thanks once again and suggestions to improve my Logos responses would be welcome.

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 28 2017 2:24 PM

Noel Fitzpatrick:
Does layout size slow Logos/Verbum?

Yes, but only during startup. Many collections with inefficient/complex rules also impact startup. Visual filters (Documents menu) will affect the time to open a resource so you should consider deleting some of them or applying them to a different resource.

We could see what is happening if you create logs and upload the compressed log folder.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS