OT Anyone use Write!?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2236
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 3 2017 2:30 PM

Wondering if anyone uses and likes this word processor? Thanks in advance.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2236
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 8:22 PM

I decided to go ahead and order this. It's cross-platform: Win, Mac and Linux. It can handle Hebrew and export to docx. It keeps your files in the cloud although you can save anything to a local drive. I just started to use it, but so far I really like it. Nice to start it up and go right back to writing where I left off.

https://writeapp.co/ 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 425
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 25 2017 4:58 AM

This looks a lot like https://atom.io/ which seems to be able to do all the same functions and with the 'atom Materials' theme, and some of addons (also free) would look as pretty.

I used it for a while for sermons before I switched to writing them in Logos. It used to run it on a folder set up in and then use an addon to sync my settings across machines/platforms.

Sorry that this news comes a bit late...

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 2236
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 25 2017 11:04 AM

I'm sure there's always more than one way to do this, but I chose Write! as a cross-platform alternative to Ulysees which is only on the Mac. I didn't want to tie writing into another program either. 

FWIW, Atom is a very cool program if you program or do web design.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS