Indexing incomplete/book not downloading

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:23 PM

I suppose my problems are related to those experienced by others since the recent updates.  Each time I load Logos it begins to index (though there is nothing yet new to index) and then is cut off by a 1.4 MB download.  I'm not really concerned whether that happens every time or not, the real trouble lies in the fact that my library will not search completely because it thinks it needs to be indexed and I also have a book from March Madness tournament that needs to be downloaded but does not no matter how often I open or close the program on my laptop (it has downloaded on my other computer).  Any suggestions?  Do I need to re-index, and if so how do I start it?

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:34 PM

Which version of Windows are you using? There may be two things going on. Either the download job from Loogs4 that uses windows BITS service is corrupted OR you need to rebuild your index. It may be quicker to try resetting the list of jobs and seeing if it will complete that download. From this thread http://community.logos.com/forums/p/8136/66083.aspx#66083

You may download the bitsadmin.exe utility here http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/bitsadmin.exe right-click and save target to your desktop.  After launching Logos, once the logos blue indexer icon says downloading 1.4mb (0%) we will run the bitsadmin.exe. Since it is command line tool go to start-->cmd and type in 'cd desktop' in Vista/Win 7 and for XP type 'cd c:\documents and settings\<username>\desktop, in the command line type in 'bitsadmin /reset' to clear the list - then restart L4.

Let me know.

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:48 PM

I'm using Vista.  I think I'll go ahead and try downloading the bitsadmin.exe and see if that corrects the problem.

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 3:58 PM

Well, I gave it a try.  It canceled 1 out of 1 jobs.  However when I restarted Logos, the 1.4 mb download began again.  That said, it is quite possible I did something wrong in the process. The initial 1.4 MB download actually ceased before I had a chance to complete the bitsadmin process

Posts 27267
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:13 PM

The suggestion from Logos for the Berkhof download was:-

To repair this, close Logos 4 and Right-Click on your Logos 4 Shortcut and select Properties. You should find a button labelled "Find Target" (on XP) or "Open file location" (Vista/Windows 7). Click that and it will open your Logos 4 folder.

In the Logos 4 folder, open the Data folder, open the sub-folder there (it will have a different name for every user), and Delete the "UpdateManager" folder.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 5:38 PM

Interesting.  After I deleted the folder and opened Logos, the 1.4 MB download still showed up, but in reverse order of the indexing.  This time the indexing followed and it may continue for awhile (1h 44m is the estimated time remaining).  Do you suppose if the indexing completes, the 1.4 mb download will not show-up next time I open Logos?  Also, there has been no sight of the only download I should be receiving: Story as Torah by Gordon Wenham. 

Posts 27267
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 7:36 PM

Brenden Lang:
Do you suppose if the indexing completes, the 1.4 mb download will not show-up next time I open Logos?  Also, there has been no sight of the only download I should be receiving: Story as Torah by Gordon Wenham. 

You'll soon know!  If all goes well your missing resource will turn up (you could help by trying Update Now or Update Resources).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:57 PM

Thanks for your help.  The indexing was able to complete so I can finally do some searching again.  However, I still keep receiving the 1.4 MB download regardless of whether I delete the UpdateManager or attempt to cancel it through bitsadmin/reset.  Also, no matter how many times I update or restart the program I'm still not seeing the download for which I'm really looking. Ah well... it's time to call it a night. Here's hoping if I just get another resource that might push it through.

Posts 27267
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 10:58 PM

OK! But we will need some logs to see what's happening! http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and Uploading Logs. Remember to submit the logs before you restart L4 as they will be overwritten.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:08 AM

6237.Logos4Indexer.zip

2450.Logos4.zip

I have now officially posted my first logs, no longer a forum noob. Thanks for your help!

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 9:25 AM

Brenden Lang:

6237.Logos4Indexer.zip

2450.Logos4.zip

I have now officially posted my first logs, no longer a forum noob. Thanks for your help!

Looking through your logs it actually rejected the download jobs it created - it may be attempting to update a Logos3 resource instead of a Logos4 resource - causing the check to mismatch and rejecting the download job, I'm not sure how this happened.

To fix this close L4 try removing UpdateManager folder again (if it's there) but also remove these resources from your Logos4\Data\<random_string>\Resources folder:

- GKSYNTCURE.logos4

- STORYASTORAH.lbxlls   <-- Looks like here is the resource you are missing

- GKSYNTSINAI.logos4

Erasing these files and launching L4 will trigger new downloads. Let me know what happens.

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:38 AM

Well I was able to remove two of the resources, but STORYASTORAH was nowhere to be found.  When I restarted logos it downloaded those two resources, but Story as Torah never came through and the 1.4 MB download began again as soon as the others had gone through.

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 1:01 PM

Brenden Lang:

Well I was able to remove two of the resources, but STORYASTORAH was nowhere to be found.  When I restarted logos it downloaded those two resources, but Story as Torah never came through and the 1.4 MB download began again as soon as the others had gone through.

Can you check your Logos 3 resource folder? If it is there try moving it out of the folder, clearing the download jobs and even erasing UpdateManager once more to be sure, and then launch L4.

Also if that is not the case please upload your latest logs.

Posts 36
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 1:20 PM

Well, I'm not sure I have a logos3 resource folder on this computer anymore.  I had my hard drive replaced and never reinstalled logos 3.  Here are the logs.

8524.Logos4 (2).zip

7127.Logos4Indexer (2).zip

Posts 463
George Allakhverdyan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 3:01 PM

Brenden Lang:

Well, I'm not sure I have a logos3 resource folder on this computer anymore.  I had my hard drive replaced and never reinstalled logos 3.  Here are the logs.

8524.Logos4 (2).zip

7127.Logos4Indexer (2).zip

It might help to call customer support it looks like your issue is not so trivial. Call tech support - toll free 1(800)875-6467 or (360)685-2337

Posts 27267
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 9:42 PM

[Note for me!]  The hash file is wrong or the resource is corrupt.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS