When I open my Bible software it opens with the title of "Logos Bible Software - Proverbs". Sometimes I get an error message saying that there was a problem opening "Logos Bible Software - Proverbs". I have attached the error logs and a

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Steve B | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 12 2017 7:23 AM

461188.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 21633
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 7:29 AM

Hi Steve - and welcome to the forums

it is trying to open to "Logos Bible Software - Proverbs" due to a setting in Program Settings (under the Tools menu)

The setting "At startup open to" controls how the software is opened - and it looks as though you have it set to a Layout called "Proverbs"

(Layouts are used to preserve a workspace so you can go back to it later)

Try changing this to Home or "Blank Layout" and see if that changes things

Graham

PS: It is better to just put a short meaningful title in the subject area and then enter the description of the problem in the body of the post

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 7:30 AM

Steve, most of those log files are very old. None of them are helpful. It doesn't seem that Logos is crashing because of this behavior.

Logos will open to the place you tell it to open:

Go to Tools|Program Settings. At the top is says "At Startup Open to". There are a number of options. I'd guess yours is set to "Most recent layout". It could be "Proverbs". You can change it using the drop-down menu to what you want.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 7:33 AM

BTW: You can upgrade to Logos 7 at no charge. I'd suggest that just to have the latest software. 

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 21633
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 7:58 AM

Mark Smith:
BTW: You can upgrade to Logos 7 at no charge. I'd suggest that just to have the latest software. 

Hi Mark - the logs show he is running Logos 7.6 (I know this was posted in the Logos 6 forum)

Posts 2
Steve B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 12 2017 9:15 AM

Thanks everyone. I changed to the setting to open up in home and that corrected the issue. I then changed the setting back to open to recent layout" and it was still fine. I was more concerned that there was a bigger issue since I was sometimes getting an error message. I will have to wait and see if that returns. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS