4.0c B1: EG Word by Word morphology truncatedd

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:13 PM | Locked

When using the Exegetical Guide (1 Samuel 16:1 in NASB95 OT RI for example), any long morphology string in the Word by Word section is truncated at the right border of the panel instead of wrapped within the panel.  Morphology should be wrapped so user can access each element of the string.  Same affect with NASB95 NT RI and ESV OT RI or NT RI.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 26500
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 24 2010 9:50 PM | Locked

Confirmed:

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 12:02 AM | Locked

Tim Hensler:

When using the Exegetical Guide (1 Samuel 16:1 in NASB95 OT RI for example), any long morphology string in the Word by Word section is truncated at the right border of the panel instead of wrapped within the panel.  Morphology should be wrapped so user can access each element of the string.  Same affect with NASB95 NT RI and ESV OT RI or NT RI.

Yes +1

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 4:13 AM | Locked

Or was it this "Morphological String"?

"perfect" is missing. This happens in 4.0b as well.

I don't  mind the lexical string being incomplete.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 752
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 7:07 AM | Locked

I was reporting the Morphological String truncation.  It should wrap so we can see and use every element in the string.

HP Pavilion Laptop PC; Windows 10 Home (64bit); i7-8565U @ 1.80GHz, 1.99GHZ ; 16GB of memory
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-T580) tablet; Android v8.1; Wi-Fi only; 16GB of storage; 32GB SD card.

Posts 26500
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:03 PM | Locked

I'd hold that it all should wrap

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:19 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Confirmed:

How come yours says CHALOT and mine says HALOT? Did you rename your resource's short title? (I can't remember whether mine came with one; maybe I put in HALOT myself, since that's what I consider the standard abbreviation to be.)

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:23 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
How come yours says CHALOT and mine says HALOT? Did you rename your resource's short title? (I can't remember whether mine came with one; maybe I put in HALOT myself, since that's what I consider the standard abbreviation to be.)

CHALOT is the concise HALOT.  i.e., the cheap version Big Smile  (Although I renamed mine HALOT-C).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 26500
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:24 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
How come yours says CHALOT and mine says HALOT? Did you rename your resource's short title?

I don't think I renamed it. I think the C stands for "Cheap-skate" and is reserved for those whose resource count is still shown in 3 digits. My defense: if the PBB's were transferred I'd make it to the 4 digit category.Wink

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:28 PM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Rosie Perera:

CHALOT is the concise HALOT.  i.e., the cheap version Big Smile  (Although I renamed mine HALOT-C).

Oh, I didn't even know there was such a thing. I was thinking you were pronouncing it with the gutteral Hebrew ח, transliterated CH. Smile

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:41 PM | Locked

This is a known issue that will be fixed in a future release.

Posts 24926
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:14 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:

Hint  - how future?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:32 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

Melissa Snyder:

Hint  - how future?

Unknown at this time.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS