CSB Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 26
Eric Bentz | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 18 2017 6:08 PM

Does anyone know if Logos is planning a reverse interlinear for the CSB that just came out?

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 6:18 PM

FL has not made any public commitments to do so. I would expect so... I would expect no time soon. I would love to be pleasantly surprised. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 262
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 18 2017 8:07 PM

alabama24:

FL has not made any public commitments to do so. I would expect so... I would expect no time soon. I would love to be pleasantly surprised. Smile

I really hope so. 

Posts 26
Eric Bentz | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 19 2017 9:57 AM

Thanks guys. I hope so too. 

Posts 5015
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 3:53 AM

You best chance of getting FL to do anything is to set up a uservoice suggestion and then try and get a lot people and then some more to vote for it.

Personally I think it should just happen, FL have created the expectation of basic features of resources that user come to expect and Reverse Interlinears are one of those basic expectations. Yes it costs time and money so I don't expect it today or tomorrow and I don't expect it for free.

But if you really want to see this happen you need to setup a usevoice suggestion and start getting it supported through votes.

Posts 516
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 20 2017 9:33 AM

Rick said it's coming but no date yet.

"We do plan reverse interlinears for the CSB, but have no announced timeline on when they may be available. The current plan is to migrate the HCSB NT Reverse Interlinear over to the CSB NT. Once the HCSB OT Reverse Interlinear (which is under way) is complete, we will migrate it over as well.

To recap: We plan to complete them, but I have no information on availability date or pricing."

Posts 650
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 22 2017 1:08 AM

Great news. Having the reverse interlinears would certainly bump the CSB up on my prioritized bible list.

Posts 1014
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 2:31 PM

Bobby Terhune:

Rick said it's coming but no date yet.

"We do plan reverse interlinears for the CSB, but have no announced timeline on when they may be available. The current plan is to migrate the HCSB NT Reverse Interlinear over to the CSB NT. Once the HCSB OT Reverse Interlinear (which is under way) is complete, we will migrate it over as well.

Does this mean that if someone has the HSCB reverse interlinear, they will get the CSB reverse interlinear when available? The HSCB is part of a base package that I own. I hesitate to order the CSB until it is a reverse interlinear. Has there been any update on the plans for this?

Posts 27679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 2:47 PM

Harry Hahne:
Does this mean that if someone has the HSCB reverse interlinear, they will get the CSB reverse interlinear when available?

My guess is no. Rick said he didn't know about pricing. I would expect, however, that LN users would have access covered in the membership fee. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3218
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 2:50 PM

Harry Hahne:
I hesitate to order the CSB until it is a reverse interlinear.

The CSB has an NT reverse interlinear (which is available for sale separately). Its OT reverse interlinear just shipped last month, but is presently only available as part of a Logos Now subscription. I expect that FL will be selling the OT RI separately, shortly, to match how they offer the NT RI.

There was a pre-order promotion for the CSB, where you could get it for free if you owned the HCSB. Not sure if FL will still give it to you for free, or if you'd have to buy the CSB now.

Posts 1289
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 2:50 PM

The CSB Old Testament was released as part of Logos Now in the 7.11 release: https://www.logos.com/now-timeline 

It has not been made separately purchaseable, to my knowledge. Not sure on the timeline for that. 

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1014
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 3:08 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
The CSB Old Testament was released as part of Logos Now in the 7.11 release: https://www.logos.com/now-timeline

Is the CSB Bible text also included in Logos Now or does Logos Now only add reverse interlinear tagging to CSB if you already only it?

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 3:10 PM

Harry Hahne:

Is the CSB Bible text also included in Logos Now or does Logos Now only add reverse interlinear tagging to CSB if you already only it?

The latter.

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 21 2017 3:11 AM

It sure would be nice if the Old Testament RI for the CSB would be made available in time for Christmas to those of us who are NOT Logos Now subscribers but are Logos users! I did take advantage of purchasing the New Testament RI for the CSB and am rather anxious for the Old Testament!

Bob

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS