The COMPLETE works of John Gill on pre-pub or community pricing, Please!!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:46 PM

If you're going to have Andrew Fuller, please "logofy" the works of John Gill.

John Gill, a British Baptist minister, wrote in 1767: The foundation of sanctification is laid in regeneration; as it is a holy principle, it is first formed in that; the new creature, or new man, is created in righteousness and true holiness; and it appears in effectual vocation, which is an holy calling; and is to be seen in conversion, which is a turning of men from their iniquities: and that holiness which is begun in regeneration, and is manifest in effectual calling and conversion, is carried on in sanctification, which is a gradual and progressive work, and issues and is finished in glorification.33 Describing genuine believers, Gill wrote: In subjection to him, as King of saints; they not only receive him as their Prophet, to teach and instruct them, and embrace his doctrines; and as their Priest, by whose sacrifice their sins are expiated; but as their King, to whose laws and ordinances they cheerfully submit; esteeming his precepts, concerning all things, to be right, none of his commandments grievous; but from a principle of love to him, keep and observe them.34

33 John Gill, A Body of Divinity (Grand Rapids: Sovereign Grace, 1971), 552. 34 Ibid., 555. MacArthur, J., F. (1997, c1988). The Gospel according to Jesus : What does Jesus mean when he says "follow me". Includes index. (Electronic ed.). Grand Rapids, MI: Academic and Professional Books, Zondervan Pub. House.
Posts 1
J C Monroe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:54 PM

Yes Yes Yes!

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 2:57 PM

ABSOLUTELY! Great suggestion.  Getting John Gill's works into Logos is long overdue.

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 3:07 PM

I have asked Logos about this for YEARS, by phone, e-mail... and never gotten a response. They are available here for Logos 3: http://www.stilltruth.com/page/libronix_pbb_files . The Works of John Newton are there as well and finally they are on pre=pub. The works of James Hervey and Tobias Crisp would be welcome editions as well.

If you know these two things, yourself a sinner and Christ a Savior, it is looking from yourself to Jesus. Oh, there are men that quite misunderstand the Gospel. They think that righteousness qualifies them to come to Christ, whereas sin is the only qualification for a man to come to Jesus. Good old Crisp says, “Righteousness keeps me from Christ: ’They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick’ (Mark 2:17). Sin makes me come to Jesus, when sin is felt, and in coming to Christ, the more sin I have, the more cause I have to hope for mercy.”

Spurgeon, R. C. H. (2000). Daily Help (electronic ed.) (29). Escondito, California: Ephesians Four Group.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS