4.0c Beta 1: Annoyance: Typing quickly into Library Find box, focus lost, rest of typed letters disappear into thin air

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:16 PM | Locked

Sometimes when I start typing quickly into the Find box in the Library, the library refreshes before I finish typing and when that happens the Find box loses focus, so that the rest of what I type ends up disappearing into the ether. I have to click back in the Find box to bring the focus back there and finish what I was typing. I can't reproduce this consistently when I try, but it happens often enough to have become irritating. Maybe you need to wait for a slightly longer idle time in the user's typing to prevent this from happening.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:56 PM | Locked

I'm pretty certain reproducing this is a timing thing. It seems to require me pausing just a tiny number of microseconds as I type, but not enough for the full thing to get refreshed before I keep typing. It's still difficult to reproduce it on purpose, but if you do this often enough, you're sure to come up against it before long.

Posts 27224
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:45 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
It seems to require me pausing just a tiny number of microseconds as I type, but not enough for the full thing to get refreshed before I keep typing.

I don't think I type that fast - it refreshes with just about every letter I enter!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 6:46 AM | Locked

Yay! It's not just me! I reported this back with 4.0b RC2 (I'm not running the beta), but nobody else could reproduce it:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/13242.aspx

I haven't done much in the library since, so I will have to go try again and see if it is still happening to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS