Remove Interlinears from Feature Sets

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 25 2017 8:51 PM

I really appreciate the way Faithlife is reaching out to get more new general users in with the Basic package and more affordable bibles. I would put forth another suggestion toward that goal: remove the RIs from the feature sets and instead sell them with their associated text and remain affordable. The goal is the same as making bibles easily available: give the basic user enough tools to play with, just enough, to keep their interest long enough to entertain further buy-in.

One more shot in that direction is to make app.logos.com available to Basic users. Not the full set, but a basic set to read their texts, do basic word studies & basic passage guides, etc. I believe mobile apps & web are likely to be more attractive and, by necessity, more streamlined and accessible, to the Basic user. This should also position Logos as an extremely strong alternative to other web based bible study tools. As implemented now, I believe it already can stand up to the ones I'm aware of: Lumina (possibly the most similar that I'm aware of), Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, Study Light, Blue Letter Bible, etc. This would seem a place where Logos could shoot to the top of the pack and thus reach a greater audience.

Just my thoughts.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 12:13 AM

I can see merit in your first idea but still need to think it through more at this point.

I agree with your second idea, FL would ultimately like as many users on the web platform as possible - it should, if done correctly result in reduced support costs, and from a cash flow view they would probably like to see more new users take up a cloud subscription.  So guidung new customers with the basic package towards the web app would be a good move.

Randy W. Sims:

I really appreciate the way Faithlife is reaching out to get more new general users in with the Basic package and more affordable bibles. I would put forth another suggestion toward that goal: remove the RIs from the feature sets and instead sell them with their associated text and remain affordable. The goal is the same as making bibles easily available: give the basic user enough tools to play with, just enough, to keep their interest long enough to entertain further buy-in.

One more shot in that direction is to make app.logos.com available to Basic users. Not the full set, but a basic set to read their texts, do basic word studies & basic passage guides, etc. I believe mobile apps & web are likely to be more attractive and, by necessity, more streamlined and accessible, to the Basic user. This should also position Logos as an extremely strong alternative to other web based bible study tools. As implemented now, I believe it already can stand up to the ones I'm aware of: Lumina (possibly the most similar that I'm aware of), Bible Hub, Bible Gateway, Study Light, Blue Letter Bible, etc. This would seem a place where Logos could shoot to the top of the pack and thus reach a greater audience.

Just my thoughts.

Posts 22655
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 12:21 AM

Randy W. Sims:
I would put forth another suggestion toward that goal: remove the RIs from the feature sets and instead sell them with their associated text and remain affordable

I wouldn't want them removed from the feature sets - for those buying the feature sets it is helpful to have the RIs included.

But that's a detail and wouldn't stop them being made available for separate purchase as well.

Posts 1433
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 1:56 AM

For the love of all that is holy, at least keep the KJV interlinear! With that, I'm able to push Logos Basic heavily to people who would never touch it otherwise, because it allows them to discontinue usage of Strong's Concordance. (With the KJV RI, they can jump directly from English to something much better than Strong's.) 
 And then they start buying books and such in Logos.

Lose the KJV RI, and you lose that entire group. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2200
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 4:19 AM

Ben:

For the love of all that is holy, at least keep the KJV interlinear! With that, I'm able to push Logos Basic heavily to people who would never touch it otherwise, because it allows them to discontinue usage of Strong's Concordance. (With the KJV RI, they can jump directly from English to something much better than Strong's.) 

Absolutely.  At least one good RI (KJV is fine) is imperative to introduce what sets Logos apart and provides reasons to buy more.

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 4:38 AM

Ben:

Sorry, I'm an extremely poor communicator. I'm not suggesting that there be any actual content change in any Feature Sets. This is just an organizational change. Each bible would include it's own RI. All of the feature sets would still contain the same Bibles which each in turn includes its own RI. There is no actual change in content, just organization. This would be a conceptual simplification and most importantly it would allow Basic users to add their Bible of choice and they would thus get to experience the benefits of the RI with their preferred Bible.

Posts 1073
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 26 2017 8:03 AM

Randy W. Sims:

.... I'm not suggesting that there be any actual content change in any Feature Sets. This is just an organizational change. Each bible would include it's own RI. All of the feature sets would still contain the same Bibles which each in turn includes its own RI. There is no actual change in content, just organization. This would be a conceptual simplification and most importantly it would allow Basic users to add their Bible of choice and they would thus get to experience the benefits of the RI with their preferred Bible.

That makes sense to me.

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 29 2017 4:17 AM

But are not the bibles contained in the libraries and the RI's in the feature sets, so there would be s change involvedin moving the bibles with RI's out of the libraries and into the feature sets,

Randy W. Sims:

Ben:

Sorry, I'm an extremely poor communicator. I'm not suggesting that there be any actual content change in any Feature Sets. This is just an organizational change. Each bible would include it's own RI. All of the feature sets would still contain the same Bibles which each in turn includes its own RI. There is no actual change in content, just organization. This would be a conceptual simplification and most importantly it would allow Basic users to add their Bible of choice and they would thus get to experience the benefits of the RI with their preferred Bible.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS