can anyone confirm this?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:18 PM

In the new 4.0b When I do a basic search and click on one of the links I can no longer scroll the search window with the up down cursor keys.  Scrolling is possible before clicking a link.  Does anyone else have this same behavior on their computer?

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:25 PM

When click a link in the search, it activates a new window.  If I click back in the search window to reactivate it, scrolling with the cursor keys works fine for me.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:35 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I noticed that my search window does scroll after I click a link but only when a header such as "Library Results" is showing.  FOr instance I do a search and I see the headers in blue at the top of the search window.  I click a link and the link opens a resource.  I then go back to the search window and scroll it so the headers are no longer showing and click another link and a resource open.  It is at this point that the problem occurs.  The headers are scrolled out of view in the serach window at this point.  I try to scroll using the cursor keys and nothing happens.  Now if I drag the scroll knob so that the header is in view again and at that point try the cursor key it now works again.  So it seems that when the headers such as "Library Results" are showing you can scroll with the cursor keys but when I can't see the headers the only way I can scroll is by using the scroll bar.  Could you please try this on your computer and see if you get the same results?

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:24 PM

I've created a bug report for this - http://wiki.logos.com/Bug$3a_Scrolling_with_keyboard_in_Basic_Search_results_is_intermittent.

Keyboard scrolling works OK in other Search results panels but I only get it to work with difficulty in Basic Search - and I haven't  touched any links. If it works and I click in another pane then click back in the results pane keyboard scrolling no longer works!

This is your fault Tim, because i never used the keyboard for scrolling until now!

[using Desktop computer]

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 442
Tim Engwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:29 PM

Sorry about that!  I guess ignorance is bliss(lol).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS