Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:54 PM

Wondering what this forum is all about? Stay tuned...

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 4:57 PM

Ed Ball:

Wondering what this forum is all about? Stay tuned...

Ok. You got me. And I will...

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 221
James Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:01 PM

Me too! Yes

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:29 PM

Curiosity killed the cat; satisfaction brought it back!

I'll stick around for a while.

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 5:37 PM

Hmm, biblia.com is all in Spanish. I'm not convinced it's going to be something I'll be excited about. Yo no hablo español (except via Google Translate).

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee

Just announced at the BibleTech Demo Night: http://api.biblia.com/

For more from BibleTech 2010, keep an eye on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23bibletech

Posts 1536
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:36 PM

Sweet!

Posts 343

Apparently this is all super tech geek stuff, or I'm just ignorant.  How does any of this effect a Logos user?  I went to the website and I don't understand it, my best guest was some type of coding to show scriptures on a website.

Jason Saling

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:12 AM

Ooh, that's exciting. I asked for this back in January!

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:27 AM

Not just show, but use scriptures on websites and other devices. In other words, if you have any idea for an online tool that uses scripture, this could be your backing for that data. So it allows for a lot more opportunity for interactive tools and applications to be built easier with very simple clear licensing. 

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:44 AM

David Ladiges:

Not just show, but use scriptures on websites and other devices. In other words, if you have any idea for an online tool that uses scripture, this could be your backing for that data. So it allows for a lot more opportunity for interactive tools and applications to be built easier with very simple clear licensing. 

Would this open up the possibility of creating a macro in WordPerfect using either Corel's PerfectScript, or MS VisualBasic?

It would be great to be able to use an API to insert Bible text directly into WP, rather than having to go through the steps to open the CBV enter passage, copy, paste special, format as desired.

Secondly, if I create such a macro (assuming it's possible, and that I could figure it out), would I need an API key to do that? And if so, if I would share that macro, would each person need to get their own key, or would the key provided for the WP macro system be recognized as such for everyone using WP?

Finally, if there is any chance that L4 will open up an API, I'd rather wait. If this is the only API planned, then I'd want to be able to pursue some macro options for WP using this system. Of course this means having to relearn the PerfectScript language again, or the VB language for the first time.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:53 AM

Would this open up the possibility of creating a macro in WordPerfect using either Corel's PerfectScript, or MS VisualBasic?

Sounds like it could be, I don't know if the performance for calling a webservice for each macro call from within WP would be acceptable but you could certainly try it. An api key would be required for any use of the api, so you will need one for this and I expect that each user of the macro would probably need one.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:54 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Yes, but it's really designed to be used on websites and mobile devices. It doesn't use your library, just Bibles that are in the public domain or for which special permission has been granted.

Richard DeRuiter:

Secondly, if I create such a macro (assuming it's possible, and that I could figure it out), would I need an API key to do that? And if so, if I would share that macro, would each person need to get their own key, or would the key provided for the WP macro system be recognized as such for everyone using WP?

The API key would need to be specific to each user. It's private.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 10:59 AM

I'll be looking to add this API to my two wordpress plugins (though the requirement for a graphic link is potentially problematic - a text link would be much easier to live with):

It would obviously be great if you could extend the number of Bible texts permitted, preferably to at least all the ones on bible.logos.com

It would also be useful to know what languages are supported for bible book names. English obviously, but what others?

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Ed Ball (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:26 AM

If your macro can talk to the Internet, you can use this API (according to the terms of service, of course). Your macro would use one API key; each user does not need his own key.

We do hope to expand the API in the future, but we don't have any concrete plans or dates yet.

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:32 AM

David Ladiges:

Sounds like it could be, I don't know if the performance for calling a webservice for each macro call from within WP would be acceptable but you could certainly try it. An api key would be required for any use of the api, so you will need one for this and I expect that each user of the macro would probably need one.

Can you tell me if this is the response of Logos to the request to open the API of L4?

If not, any thoughts on when L4 may open its API?

If so, will we be able (eventually) to access all our licensed L4 content through this API? Only our licensed Bibles? Only Bibles for which Logos has permission to include (is there a list for these, yet)?

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:33 AM

Ed Ball:

If your macro can talk to the Internet, you can use this API (according to the terms of service, of course). Your macro would use one API key; each user does not need his own key.

We do hope to expand the API in the future, but we don't have any concrete plans or dates yet.

Thanks Ed. I don't have time to investigate this now, and I'd have to relearn some PerfectScript macro code, or learn VisualBasic for Applications to figure out if this is even possible.

Posts 1385
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 11:35 AM

Can I use the for my php forum ?

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:36 PM

Blair Laird:

Can I use the for my php forum ?

Yes, if you can code.

Posts 1385
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 3:40 PM

I can copy and paste but that is the extent of it. Well it was worth a shot.. It would be really helpful if there was an easy way to place it in my debate forum.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS