Logos Crashes when printing handouts

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Brenda B. Folz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:03 AM

2210.Logos4Crash.txt

Every time I try to print the handouts my system crashes.  [Logos Needs to close] then crashes. 

I called Tech Support and they had no answer but would review and get back to me. 

I have Windows Vista--- 3 gigabytes

Printers:  hp Laser Jet 1022  and  hp Desk Jet 960c 

I am attaching my Logos Logs File

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Brenda Folz

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 27 2010 7:39 AM

I Googled the error message from that Crash file ("PrintTicket provider failed to retrieve PrintCapabilities") and it seems that it might be a bug in Vista or the printer driver. A MS employee responded on a forum to someone else's problem which generated that same error message with this: "Thank you for your patience on this issue. We have investigated your report and determined that there is a problem in the processing of the printer name. The issue has been logged and will be considered for a future product release. We understand the impact this issue may have for your development, but do not have a timeline for when this issue will be addressed at this time."

Try updating your printer driver and make sure you have the latest Service pack for Vista (which is currently SP2): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Posts 3
Brenda B. Folz | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 2:29 AM

Thanks for the info.  I have updated both printers and I have SP2.  Still unable to print the handouts. 

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:06 AM

Looks like the Logos folks will have to take a look at this one.

FYI, in the future, preface your subject lines with BUG: in order for it to be more likely to be noticed when they go through the forum looking for bug reports.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS