Filter OR Remove filter

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 148
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 7 2017 3:28 AM

Maybe this is simple, but when I start out with a blank work space with one bible open, do a search on one word or verse and open a resource the there is a filter that is somehow turned on from somewhere.  I do not know why or how.  I want If off and want to know where to kill this from happening.  Sometimes I want a "total remove and start from scratch button".  I am frustrated.  I have marked  things or highlighted thing inappropriately for new searches on past ideas.  I needed better instructions for highlighting items.  Sorry, where is the filter switch turn off button.  Mike

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 4:05 AM

OMykeO:
Maybe this is simple, but when I start out with a blank work space with one bible open, do a search on one word or verse and open a resource the there is a filter that is somehow turned on from somewhere.  

You could be confusing the highlighting of the search results in the resource, and you can kill this by running the search on a different resource, or by changing the search to something that will give zero results e.g.xxyyzz.

OMykeO:
Sometimes I want a "total remove and start from scratch button".  I am frustrated.  I have marked  things or highlighted thing inappropriately for new searches on past ideas.  I needed better instructions for highlighting items.

Are you talking about use of the Highlighting tool, or is this connected with the search highlighting above?

A screen shot would help a lot.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 148
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 8:03 AM

It did seem I was talking about other issues.  Starting over.... when I start out with a blank work space with one bible open, do a search on one word or verse (nothing special) and open a resource, lots of times the resource opens and it is being filtered by something.  I do not see what I am looking for until I turn off the search button in the resource.  

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 8:25 AM

Sorry but I'm still not following

OMykeO:
when I start out with a blank work space with one bible open, do a search on one word or verse (nothing special) and open a resource

Is the search you are doing related to the Bible being open at all? Can you post a screenshot showing an example of what you are doing?

OMykeO:
open a resource, lots of times the resource opens and it is being filtered by something

Are you opening the resource from the search panel or something else?

OMykeO:
 I do not see what I am looking for until I turn off the search button in the resource.  

When you refer to the search button in the resource do you mean the inline search button (outlined in red below)?

As you can see that is filtered - but it's purely down to entering something in the inline search string.

There are other reasons for resources to be filtered - from Passage Guides etc - so a screenshot (s) showing exactly what you are describing would be really helpful

Posts 148
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 9:12 AM

right had side top "remove filter"  Mike

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 10:01 AM

How did you open the commentary?

From the Passage Guide or somewhere else? If the PG from which section?

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 7 2017 4:35 PM

OMykeO:
right had side top "remove filter"

Click "Remove Filter" and the message line should be removed. Close the commentary, then open it. The filter should not re-appear.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 148
OMykeO | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 7:29 AM

Again this happened, but anything new I don't know about?

Started out main screen NO OPEN anything.  Open a bible.  Find any verse.

Wanting to compare different versions.  Use the left arrow key to change bibles.

Some of the bibles have a "filter", some I don't think I have ever used. (didn't know I had some many versions)

Anyway as you keep using the arrow key it changes the verse your interested in.  (due to the filter)

Again, any workaround to clear all the filters in all books at once?

Otherwise, I would like a "in my face" background color change to let me know that what I am looking at has been "filtered".  That little up in the right-hand corner "remove filter" button isn't obvious enough for me when I'm starting from scratch, not filtering anything.

Ideas?

Thanks.  Mike

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 3 2018 2:38 PM

OMykeO:
Again, any work around to clear all the filters in all books at once?

I advise clearing a filter as soon as you become aware that it is no longer needed.

But you can select individual filters and choose not to display them in any resource. You could deselect most of them in one resource, but then I would query why you created that filter (Passage List, Visual Filter, etc.), and consider deleting it from the Documents menu.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS