/whyndellgrizzard - Question

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 13 2017 6:29 AM

Whyndell (or anyone else) what crucial difference would you see between Exegetical Summaries and the Exegetical Guide volumes? Which set wouod you choose and why? Thanks in advance for your input.

DAL

Posts 3110
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 9:26 AM

I have used these two volumes for a while together- in print before in Logos and WS- found both very useful "together", but to add to their usefulness is the series A Semantic and Structural Analysis series by SIL.

I use these almost exclusively in studying a book (all or in part depending on book availability in each)- after careful reading, language, and structural- then its time for commentary consultation. I document the progress in a docx file using an outline format, which includes my observations, and conclusions- based on the information gathered.

Posts 3110
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 9:28 AM

I personally would recommend all 3 for someone to own- you can't go wrong and worth every penny you spend.

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 11:07 AM

Thanks! I'll keep the Exegetical Guides. I was thinking of purchasing the entire set of Holman Commentaries OT and NT as they are on sale for $99 bucks.  So my plan was to return the guides and get this set instead. I may just have to return Accordance as is mainly a "Bible pictures" software. I've been good without it so it wouldn't bother me not to have the pictures.

Thanks!

DAL

Posts 3110
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 2:35 PM

You will not regret the decision Wink

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 3:15 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

You will not regret the decision Wink

I know I won't. I went ahead and got the Holman's complete OT & NT set too.  The price is right for the entire OT and NT since Logos has not moved to get the OT over to their platform. Another sale they've lost for whatever reason.  Oh well, the format is great too so it seems they're improving on the quality of their products.

DAL

Posts 3110
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 3:56 PM

I wish they would get the semantic and structual analysis seris i have done pbb's but would buy for sure

Posts 6158
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 4:09 PM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I wish they would get the semantic and structual analysis seris i have done pbb's but would buy for sure

Seems like with the requirements I read I might be able to get my hands on those puppies and have them in Logos. We'll see 👍

Posts 3110
Whyndell Gizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 13 2017 4:13 PM

Good deal

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS