Which one is better?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 9:10 PM

TH361 because of more perspectives.

Posts 460
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 10:45 PM

Tough comparison.  Mike makes a good point about the value of TH361 providing multiple perspectives.  But those perspectives are focused on one topic/issue within the overall study of the Trinity.  TH215 provides a broader overview of Trinitarian theology as a whole, presented by one theologian.  

Both appear to be fascinating, and which is "better" would depend upon what the viewer/student most values at any given point, and the presentation capabilities of the instructors, production quality of the videos, etc.

I've just started TH215, but am quite interested in TH361 as well.  Until I view TH361, I cannot be considered objective.  If you purchase both, let us know your opinion about which is best!

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 12:01 AM

You are asking for a comparison of Apples and Oranges. One course gives you an overview of the broad topic of the Trinity from the perspective of one person. The other course drills down to a specific issue within the broad topic of the trinity and this gives multuple views of that issue.

So you need to ask yourself if you want a training course on the concept of the trinity overall and if that is the case are you looking for a course that will simply re-enforce your current perspective of the trinity or are you wanting to do theology and examine your own beliefs by measuring then against some with a different perspective. So to answer this you need to understand the lecturer's background.

Or do you have a particular interest in the specific issue being examined by that course and want to do theology in regards to that issue by examining a number of different perspectives on that single issue to help you to come to a position on that issue.

DAL:

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 1:50 AM

Actually, I think I'll pass. Norman Gulley, Jack Cottrell, Erickson, John Frame and other systematic theologies, including Grudem have really good information for and against the ESS (Eternal Subordination of the Son) issue. I wanted more information on it and found them extremely helpful when I performed a search last night. Hence, no need for either course anymore 😁

Thanks everyone for the feedback, though!

DAL

Posts 3187
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 3:28 AM

Don't forget James Whites book "The Forgotten Trinity" I think you might be surprised at the value there.

Posts 853
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 4:42 AM

DAL:
when I performed a search

DAL, would you mind sharing where, how, and for what you searched? Was is internet, Logos; was resources did you find. I am in the same quandary as you trying to figure this out before the sale ends.

Thanks

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 5:23 AM

I can't answer for DAL but where I would start would be to run a search on my systematic theologies.

My initial search would be: eternal NEAR subordination.

After examining those results I might look at ways to further narrow or broaden the search.

It will be interesting to see how DAL went about his search as he may have had a different approach.

Michael McLane:

DAL:

DAL, would you mind sharing where, how, and for what you searched? Was is internet, Logos; was resources did you find. I am in the same quandary as you trying to figure this out before the sale ends.

Thanks

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 5:28 AM

Michael McLane:

DAL:

Thanks

Do a search in Logos for "Eternal subordination" and depending on the resources you have you'll get results. Also google eternal subordination and you'll get a few people trying to refute Grudem.

DAL

Posts 853
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 16 2017 7:28 PM

Great. Thanks DAL and Doc.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS