Can Column View Set to Smooth Scrolling?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 78
Scott Fillmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 17 2017 1:00 PM

I am on the Mac version of L7 and have been trying to find a way to use the smooth scrolling that happens when columns are set to "none" but as soon as you set them to 1 or 2 it goes to a page by page only scroll and it is difficult to read very easily.

I love the page widths and reading view of the 1 column layout, the "none" has no margins. So I am trying to figure out how to get the smooth scrolling of no columns and the layout of 1 column. Thanks.

Posts 4155
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 17 2017 1:12 PM

It is not possible as the software is designed. Columns is a page by page view not a scrolling view.

Posts 78
Scott Fillmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 18 2017 1:56 PM

thanks! any way you know to be able to create some margin around the smooth scrolling layout? I have commentaries that don't work with the page by page but besides that every time I use it and hit the trackpad I scroll like 20 pages... there really needs to be some white space margin around the text, just trying to figure out if that's possible, thanks again. 

Posts 22412
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 18 2017 4:26 PM

Scott Fillmer:
I have commentaries that don't work with the page by page but besides that every time I use it and hit the trackpad I scroll like 20 pages... there really needs to be some white space margin around the text, just trying to figure out if that's possible, thanks again. 

You can configure the trackpad depending on OS but if using Reading View or Columns then your only other option is to click the page arrows.

There are always margins, but not configurable unless it is connected with your panel width (adjustable) or Text Display options you can configure in Program Settings (also check Content Scaling/Font Size and Program Scaling if not 100%). You should illustrate the issue with a screenshot.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 1:24 AM

As Dave says a screen shot might be helpful.

I pretty much keep my resources on Columns 'None' but there does seem to be a difference in scrolling behaviour. cf ESV and NLT the ESV seems to be very smooth the NLT quite jerky.

As to scrolling too many pages does this setting have any relevance?

Posts 24765
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:43 AM

Scott Fillmer:
there really needs to be some white space margin around the text

+1

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 78
Scott Fillmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:42 PM

I have included a screen shot below for illustration purposes... the first is with "none" on the column view and the second is with the column view set to 1. The white space margin around the column view set to 1 is so much more easy on the eyes and draws you into the text. The zero margin view just feels so cluttered.

I know this is a program limitation, and I understand Logos is not a "reading app" but Kindle and every basic reading app has a way to adjust the margins on the screen. Even iOS is much easier on the eyes.

Mike - thanks for the suggestion on the tracking speed but I don't want to change that just for one program, it's set to the "correct" speed for me in all other instances. It's so sensitive one flick on the trackpad would put me in the NT. :)

Posts 22412
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 4:29 PM

Your Mac column view 1 is close to what I see in column view None in Windows (margins + no Bookmarks), whilst my column view 1 has exaggerated margins. Without the scroll bar (a bug when returning from 1 column view) the right margin is diminished.

Columns None

The actual panel width is almost twice the width of the screen shot, so the actual margins are wider.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 16
John Suen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 13 2017 10:33 PM

I do think that the least Logos developers can do is to mimic the actions of the arrow key (up / down) of the up / down arrows next to the page mode selection when reading in a "reading view". This helps reading efficiency quite a lot..

Thank you,

John

Posts 24765
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:00 AM

John Suen:
I do think that the least Logos developers can do is to mimic the actions of the arrow key (up / down) of the up / down arrows next to the page mode selection when reading in a "reading view". This helps reading efficiency quite a lot..

I am not sure what you mean. Can you explain more? 

Posts 24765
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 14 2017 11:02 AM

Scott Fillmer:
every basic reading app has a way to adjust the margins on the screen

I know this is an old thread, but it you haven't chimed in on the "what should L8 have in it" thread (or whatever it is called), you should do so. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.