This post has 17 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 40
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 19 2017 12:14 PM

Logos Summer Sale is live.

https://www.logos.com/summer-sale

Posts 8410
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 12:31 PM

Unfortunately there seems to be a shortage of commentaries for a sale on commentaries. Not that I need any more. Embarrassed

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3851
Disciple of Christ (doc) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 1:18 PM

For me it's a 'Nothing to see here, move on' kind of sale.

Posts 40
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 1:37 PM

Indeed. Especially as the three series on offer are already available in Base packages. Still, it could be useful if someone wants one of the Mobile Ed courses on offer and just adds four cheap commentaries to gain the 50% off the whole order. Similarly, if someone is thinking of getting a significant Base package, they can benefit from the 10% off and the additional $10 from every $100 spent on sale items aspect. So, good for some.

Posts 2664
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:03 PM

Mark Smith:

Unfortunately there seems to be a shortage of commentaries for a sale on commentaries. Not that I need any more. Embarrassed

Me, too, Mark.  Yes

Not that I have the extra money to spend anyway.  9 grandkids are limiting my book budget, but they are more fun than books.  Really.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 33
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:14 PM

deleted

Posts 33
Josiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 2:18 PM

Ah, I see: "and for every $100 you spend in the summer sale" means the rebate is only for money you spend on items on the sale page, not the whole site.  So I guess no point in adding another base package at this time if not buying items from the summer sale.

Posts 835
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 5:39 PM

Meh.  Pushing mobileed.  Noty.

Posts 108
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 8:49 PM

I think the $10 coupons cannot be used together for one purchase. In effect, only a $10 coupon can be used each time, even if you have $100 worth of coupon. This is good business strategy as there is a pressure to use up all your coupons for several purchases. ;)

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 1612
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 9:12 PM

This sale doesn't work with academic discount. Help please.

Posts 1390
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:12 PM

mike:
This sale doesn't work with academic discount. Help please.

This is normal. Academic (as well as Logos Now) discounts rarely stack.

FL will give you the best discount available among all the options.

Posts 1390
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:14 PM

Vincent Chia:

I think the $10 coupons cannot be used together for one purchase. In effect, only a $10 coupon can be used each time, even if you have $100 worth of coupon. This is good business strategy as there is a pressure to use up all your coupons for several purchases. ;)

Ah. If it's one coupon per order, the coupons are less valuable for me. Thanks for the heads up!

Posts 2379
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 4:32 AM

Nothing there for me on the commentaries.

As for Mobile ED- these courses are always to expensive- not interested, if its on CP I'll bid- but have no need to spend $3- 400. Worth is in the eye of the beholder.

Posts 4046
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 5:42 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Nothing there for me on the commentaries.

As for Mobile ED- these courses are always to expensive- not interested, if its on CP I'll bid- but have no need to spend $3- 400. Worth is in the eye of the beholder.

I agree mobile Ed  only on CP for me.  Has to be a good course and for 100 bucks or less.  Too bad I missed out on the judges course, but  oh well at least I got the Hebrews and Deuteronomy that's coming soon.

DAL

Posts 1387
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 20 2017 8:19 AM

I agree on the Mobile Ed courses.  They would be more valuable to me if they came with a resource or two but it is frustrating to buy an expensive course to only find that you are missing half the readings.  Then again if you take a college course you have to buy a book too i guess. 

Posts 40
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 11:08 AM

It seems there's a bit of confusion on the $10 per $100 dollar spent offer. On the website ( https://www.logos.com/summer-sale ) it states "Get a Logos 7 base package, and for every $100 you spend in the summer sale, receive an exclusive coupon code for $10 off your next purchase". Which seems to suggest that you get $10 per $100 for the summer sale items if you also buy a Base package. However, an email from Faithlife today states "For every $100 you spend on a Logos Base Package, receive an exclusive coupon code for $10 off your next purchase! With 10% off Logos 7 available until July 19, there’s never been a better time to get a base package." (see: https://faithlife.com/logos-bible-software/newsletters/363395 ). Which seems to state the $10 per $100 dollar is on the Base package? Confused? I am Wink

Posts 205
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 11:31 AM

Hi Dave, I noticed that too. I guess the 2 messages can be reconciled if it is understood that it is 'for every $100 you spend in the (base package) summer sale.' But it could have been much clearer, especially given the discussion above which took the more natural reading on the Web page. 

Still, the email deal is potentially much better. Money spent on a base package always gets the most books per dollar (and for some people that may include the commentaries in the sale). Here we get 10% off the base package and a further coupon code for every $100 spent. 

Colin

Posts 161
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 4:42 PM

Dave Colclough:
However, an email from Faithlife today states "For every $100 you spend on a Logos Base Package, receive an exclusive coupon code for $10 off your next purchase! With 10% off Logos 7 available until July 19, there’s never been a better time to get a base package." (see: https://faithlife.com/logos-bible-software/newsletters/363395 ). Which seems to state the $10 per $100 dollar is on the Base package? Confused? I am Wink

So if someone spends $600 on a base package, they will receive $60 off their next/future purchase? Is this for any resource or just the summer sale resources?  That seems like a much better deal.

The website sounds like I need to buy a base package to be eligible, THEN for every additional $100 I spend on the Summer Sale resources, I will receive $10 credit.  That does not sound like a deal I want to join in on.

13" MBPro 2012 / i5 / 8GB / OS Sierra   //   Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / Logos Now

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.