Missing MJ Smith

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 231
Colin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 28 2017 10:58 PM

Hi everyone,

I greatly appreciate the work of the MVPs, as well as some folk I think of as honorary MVPs such as Dan Francis. But it's been quite a while, I think, since we've heard from MJ. After I bought my first base package and started to frequent the forums, MJs was an almost constant voice. She knew the software thoroughly.  She was always willing to help,  no matter what theological side of the street people came from. Her responses were clear and logical.  She was also willing to hold us accountable to the forum guidelines we all implicitly accept when we post here. 

Unfortunately she suffered the fate of many who offer help to others in our sinful world - she was sometimes misunderstood and abused and falsely accused and attacked. I assume this is why her voice is now silent on our forums. 

I for one am very sad that this is the case (if I'm right). So this post is simply to say a belated but sincere thank you to MJ for all she contributed to these forums and our use of Logos. 

I know there may be other reasons such as ill-health which have kept her away - it would be good to hear about that if someone is aware of it so we can pray for her. But I wanted to let her know (if she's still checking in occasionally) that she is missed. 

God bless you MJ,

Colin 

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 28 2017 11:40 PM

Colin:

So this post is simply to say a belated but sincere thank you to MJ for all she contributed to these forums and our use of Logos. 

I know there may be other reasons such as ill-health which have kept her away - it would be good to hear about that if someone is aware of it so we can pray for her. But I wanted to let her know (if she's still checking in occasionally) that she is missed. 

God bless you MJ 

Yes 

Posts 4471
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 12:05 AM

Been over 5 weeks...I wonder how she's doing. We need to get that hound of hers to track her down!

Posts 893
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 12:09 AM

I have always found her comments kind, Christian and thoughtful but never unpleasant or small minded. Someone whose comments that I have always looked forward to reading and someone who I look forward to meeting one day albeit most probably in the next world.

Posts 338
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 1:22 AM

Yes, I appreciate her wise and candid comments.

Posts 194
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 3:02 AM

JohnB:

I have always found her comments kind, Christian and thoughtful but never unpleasant or small minded. Someone whose comments that I have always looked forward to reading and someone who I look forward to meeting one day albeit most probably in the next world.

MJ's Tip of the Day and Tips of the Week were my primary source of instruction on Logos and turned my on to the power at my fingertips. I have missed her posts.

Posts 3374
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 3:32 AM

She could be ill or otherwise occupied...

Posts 415
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:31 AM

I too hope she is OK.. 

Posts 237
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 4:59 AM

Colin:

Hi everyone,

I greatly appreciate the work of the MVPs, as well as some folk I think of as honorary MVPs such as Dan Francis. But it's been quite a while, I think, since we've heard from MJ. After I bought my first base package and started to frequent the forums, MJs was an almost constant voice. She knew the software thoroughly.  She was always willing to help,  no matter what theological side of the street people came from. Her responses were clear and logical.  She was also willing to hold us accountable to the forum guidelines we all implicitly accept when we post here. 

Unfortunately she suffered the fate of many who offer help to others in our sinful world - she was sometimes misunderstood and abused and falsely accused and attacked. I assume this is why her voice is now silent on our forums. 

I for one am very sad that this is the case (if I'm right). So this post is simply to say a belated but sincere thank you to MJ for all she contributed to these forums and our use of Logos. 

God bless you MJ,

Colin 

Colin, Thank you for this post. I, too, have greatly missed MJ's regular presence in the forums.

Posts 480
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 5:23 AM

Colin:

I wanted to let her know (if she's still checking in occasionally) that she is missed. 

Yes

Posts 486
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 6:27 AM

Colin:
But I wanted to let her know (if she's still checking in occasionally) that she is missed.

Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 2761
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 6:29 AM

Yes

mm.

Posts 227
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 6:56 AM

Yep, I was always glad to see MJ posting, and I've learned a lot from her writings as well as her book recommendations.  God bless you where ever you are out there MJ.  :)

Posts 878
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 7:37 AM

I pray that all is well with her.

Posts 543
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 7:39 AM

I miss MJ as well  :-) My thoughts are with her. She is a fantastic help to us all

Trying to be as noble as a Berean , Acts 17:11

Posts 366
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 7:49 AM

YesYesYesYes

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 474
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 8:17 AM

Vaya con Dios, MJ.

Posts 3607
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:03 AM

EastTN:

I pray that all is well with her.

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 373
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:07 AM

John C Connell Jr.:
MJ's Tip of the Day and Tips of the Week were my primary source of instruction on Logos and turned my on to the power at my fingertips. I have missed her posts.

Yes

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / Logos Now

Posts 91
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 29 2017 10:10 AM

I second all that has been said she knows the software and always seems to have the answer. Thanks for bringing up her name. People are too soon forgotten in our busy world.

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS