Page 1 of 10 (183 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 182 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 440
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 3 2017 3:19 PM

Post your free LN book recommendations here. There are over 3000 titles we might as well pool our knowledge. 

Here are my offings: 

Bavinck's The Philosophy of Revelation: https://www.logos.com/product/4142/the-philosophy-of-revelation 

J.C. Ryle's Holiness: https://www.logos.com/product/15598/holiness-its-nature-hindrances-difficulties-and-roots 

Check out my blog 'For Fathers'

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 5:00 PM

I was so irritated with myself when I missed this one on CP - well, here's a second chance at it, but for all of $0.00Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable (2 vols.)

All I can say is booyah!! thank you Faithlife!! Big Smile

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 5:06 PM

PetahChristian:
Notes from My Bible: From Genesis to Revelation

I think this link is broken...

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 5:16 PM

James Taylor:

PetahChristian:
Notes from My Bible: From Genesis to Revelation

I think this link is broken...

Thanks for pointing out that broken link. Fixed!

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 6:45 PM

I grabbed Vos' The Pauline Eschatology  and saw a few classics that I put in my wishlist for next month.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 7:58 PM

I picked up this one https://www.logos.com/product/3803/a-harmony-of-the-life-of-st-paul.

This dictionary https://www.logos.com/product/6388/dictionary-of-the-bible I was going to get when it was on pre-pub, but had to opt out. Now I have enough dictionaries, so I passed.

Posts 1107
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 3 2017 9:02 PM

LMAM:
Post your free LN book recommendations here.

I only looked at what's new to me, which came to about 23 pages. There's a lot of good stuff here for those who are into systematic theology. Just with what is on offer now, at one book a month it will take me about 2 years to get just the ones I briefly considered.

Even though most are PD, many are good to have: Berkhof, Warfield, and Shedd. They're very formative for American Reformed theology and still very useful even if you don't come from that perspective. (Berkhof's works are excellent for quick referencing, and Warfield's a brilliant thinker.) Also, many of these titles frequently feature in base packages and library bundles. So, if you pick them up for free here, you can potentially get a discount via dynamic pricing in a future base package purchase. (That's why you should about always take the FBotM, even if you're not particularly interested in it.)

For this month, I chose a volume related to a project I'm working on from Francis Hall's Dogmatic Theology. (He was Episcopalian.) That took about $9 off the complete set. From the Roman Catholic side, there are volumes from Pohle's Dogmatics. Again, picking those would possibly help with the pricing of a Verbum package, though a few of his volumes have come up from time to time as the Verbum FBotM.

This monthly free book offer has, in my view, greatly enhanced the value of Logos Now, and I'd recommend to just about anyone to subscribe to it.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 3:30 AM

I'm planning on slowly whittling my way through the works of John Owen.

Posts 122
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 5:54 AM

John Owen's commentary on Hebrews has been on my wish list for a while. Being 7 volumes it'll take care of my next 6 months choices as well. https://www.logos.com/product/8087/an-exposition-of-the-epistle-to-the-hebrews-vol-1

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 6:01 AM

Matthew:
The Qur'an (Arabic)

Me too, but does anyone know if this will work in the right click menu, or information panel to look up arabic words in our Arabic lexicons?

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1154
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 7:48 AM

Where can I find this list? I have Logos Now, but haven't heard of this. Where are all these titles at?

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 7:59 AM

here you go Liam

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 8:03 AM

Liam:

Where can I find this list? I have Logos Now, but haven't heard of this. Where are all these titles at?

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Free+titles+for+Now+members&unlocked=no

You should have received a Logos Now email about the (web app and) free books (although some members apparently didn't). It was also discussed on the forum.

Posts 1154
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 8:17 AM

Thanks guys!

No email. Is the deal that I can choose one of these books to purchase? Or is it more than one?

Posts 1154
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 8:19 AM

Oh, and is there a deadline?

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 8:31 AM

Liam:

Thanks guys!

No email. Is the deal that I can choose one of these books to purchase? Or is it more than one?

One free book per month. Once you choose from one of the free books, the remaining ones will show up at their regular price for the remainder of the month. When the next month rolls around, they will again appear as $0.00 and you can choose another free book.

Liam:

No, and no coupon required either. From the email, "Each month, Logos Now members will get to choose a free book from a pre-set list, to keep permanently!"

We're told that FL will be adding to the list. Right now, it's about ~3300 books to choose from (depending on which books you already own, as some of these appear in base packages).

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 4 2017 10:01 AM

PetahChristian:

Liam:

No, and no coupon required either.

I don't think that is true. I assume that (yes!) there is a deadline. The assumption should be that if you do not select a book a given month, you have lost your ability to select a book (for that month). I would assume that is true unless you hear otherwise from FL. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 10 (183 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS