Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 267
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:07 AM

A post by Wipf and Stock publishers today in my Faithlife Groups - Daily Digest was very interesting. The following link was provided: https://maggidawn.net/2015/08/11/there-are-no-women-on-my-theology-bookshelf-2/ 

It will be wonderful if links to the various Faithlife catalogs are provided for the included list of published women in theology.

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 9:34 AM

Roger, good idea!

But my real excitement was when I saw Dorothy Day. Whoo hoo! (She'd be banned on Logos for sure).

Posts 510
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 1:35 AM

I pre-ordered the Armchair Theologians Upgrade nearly two years ago and it still hasn't gone into development. Perhaps, or I should say hopefully, this new thread will generate more pre-orders so that Logos is able to move these resources into production.

BTW, I know nothing about Dorothy Day - which is why I have placed my order. I have found the rest of the Armchair Theologians series to be excellent introductions to theologians I knew little or nothing about, as well as correcting my understanding about theologians I thought I understood.

Posts 325
Sue McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:31 AM

Roger Dittmar:

A post by Wipf and Stock publishers today in my Faithlife Groups - Daily Digest was very interesting. The following link was provided: https://maggidawn.net/2015/08/11/there-are-no-women-on-my-theology-bookshelf-2/ 

It will be wonderful if links to the various Faithlife catalogs are provided for the included list of published women in theology.

Yes

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 5:45 AM

Roger Dittmar:

Thank you, Roger. I had not seen that.

Day was unusual, since she pretty much crossed the line on a whole series of western-culture no-no's and never got caught. Reading her thoughts, you'd never know she's Catholic per se ... Each time I thought for sure, she'd get caught by the Catholic hierarchy or the press.

Ok, I'll be quiet.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS