Import word lists

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 80
Pastor Kay | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 16 2017 9:07 PM

Is it possible to import word lists into Logos 7? I found the app for Greek Flashcards, but you need a word list from the desktop program. I don't want to make my own, I want to use one for the Kairos book, which I found a file for online at the Logos website, but the instructions for how to import it all date back to Logos 3 and don't work anymore.

I just want to not reinvent the wheel. Is this a broken function that Logos forgot about? When I type "Import Word Lists" into the command bar I get a nicely capitalized version which makes me think that at one point someone thought it should do something- but it does nothing.

Posts 8496
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 17 2017 12:36 AM

Pastor Kay:
I found the app for Greek Flashcards, but you need a word list from the desktop program. I don't want to make my own, I want to use one for the Kairos book, which I found a file for online at the Logos website, but the instructions for how to import it all date back to Logos 3 and don't work anymore.

Actually I'm not sure whether that command still works, but you will probably not need it.

All of the word lists from that old Libronix site (and more) have been converted to Logos 4+ Word List documents. Word lists can be shared through Faithlife groups and there are at least two of them that carry a lot of this material, including the Kairos vocabulary.

You'll need to join the group - as a member you can see the Logos Documents section and then search for the Kairos list. Use Actions / Copy to receive your own version of it - it will download to your Logos desktop program and you can use it in the Flashcards application.

https://faithlife.com/word-lists-for-flashcards/activity 

https://faithlife.com/introductory-grammar-vocabulary-lists/activity 

Hope this helps!

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version

Posts 80
Pastor Kay | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 7:49 PM

Awesome! Worked perfectly, thank you!

Posts 8496
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 19 2017 3:01 AM

Pastor Kay:

Awesome! Worked perfectly, thank you!

Glad to hear that, good luck with your Greek learning!

Running Logos 7 latest (beta) version

Posts 3
JD Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 6:05 PM

Hello! I am trying to import a list of German Theological Vocabulary. I have a table of the words on Word (for Mac), but I am unable to download the word list to Logos 7. Is there a way to do this?

Posts 1285
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 11:12 AM

Jordan Chapman:

Hello! I am trying to import a list of German Theological Vocabulary. I have a table of the words on Word (for Mac), but I am unable to download the word list to Logos 7. Is there a way to do this?

Hi Jordan,

I've edited my response because I did some further testing. You should be able to customize the gloss and the card front with whatever text you want. So it might work for you.

Posts 3
JD Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:32 PM

Thanks for the response! Is there a way to import a list of words from a table in excel/word so that the Lemma, Card front, and gloss are imported correctly into word lists on Logos? When I try to add words from the clipboard, it only places them in the card front. The logos flashcard app seems like it would display whatever I put in those columns. I am just not sure how to transfer over a table from excel/word so that it puts the words in the right columns.

Posts 22473
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 3:49 PM

JD Smith:
When I try to add words from the clipboard, it only places them in the card front

I don't think the clipboard masks the Greek/Hebrew, though you might need Language packs for your OS. I had better results with Hebrew from the clipboard than with the same text imported as "Selected text"! Even then much depends on the source e.g. στεφανος (στέφανος) was recognised but not στεφανοο (στεφανόω).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.