Logos Not Properly Re-Installing on My Mac

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 773
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 17 2017 8:11 PM

I recently deleted Logos from my computer to make room for a short time. I went to reinstall it today and it is not installed properly. 

When I open Logos, it says it's open in the dock but the menu at the top only gives me the 2 following menu option: Logos & File. When I go to those items at the top of the screen it only gives me an "Untitled" option for all of the typical drop-down menu items.

I attached the logs here!

5734.LogosLogs.Hunt.20170717-220610.zip

Posts 4673
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 1:24 AM

Shot in the dark Josh but have you tried quitting Logos and opening it again from Launchpad?

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 4:03 AM

Josh Hunt:
I recently deleted Logos from my computer to make room for a short time.

Why did you need to "make room"? How much free space do you have? Did you have? What kind of drive is it? 

Josh Hunt:
I went to reinstall it today and it is not installed properly.

Where did you get the installer from?

Josh Hunt:
When I open Logos, it says it's open in the dock but the menu at the top only gives me the 2 following menu option: Logos & File

• Have you restarted your mac? 
  • Do you open from "applications" or from the "dock"? Does the other method make a difference? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 773
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:17 PM

I have 29GB free right now. I needed to import a significant amount of photos for a wedding, so I deleted Logos for that. I have a 128GB flash internal drive. 

I downloaded the installer from here:

https://www.logos.com/install

I have tried restarting my computer, deleting the application and re-installing, and launching from applications, launchpad, and the dock and they all do the same thing. Any thoughts?

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 28 2017 12:47 PM

Josh Hunt:
Any thoughts?

• Your free space is just below the minimum suggested by FL... although I think the minimum should be higher. 
  • When you "deleted Logos" for the wedding photos, what exactly did you delete? 
  • Did you try downloading and installing the engine today?

You may need to call customer service

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 28 2017 4:21 PM

Josh Hunt:

I recently deleted Logos from my computer to make room for a short time. I went to reinstall it today and it is not installed properly. 

When I open Logos, it says it's open in the dock but the menu at the top only gives me the 2 following menu option: Logos & File. When I go to those items at the top of the screen it only gives me an "Untitled" option for all of the typical drop-down menu items.

I attached the logs here!

5734.LogosLogs.Hunt.20170717-220610.zip

Hey Josh! The symptoms described here sound like it may not have been installed correctly. One of the points in the installation, the part where you're meant to drag and drop the Logos.app (Logos Bible Software icon) onto the Applications folder icon (specifically, the window that comes up when you initially run the .dmg is what I'm referencing.) is easy to possibly miss. We have steps on the exact method of installing on a Mac in one of our videos here that may be able to assist it. Please note that while it does reference Logos 6, the installation process is identical to 7.

If following these steps still yields the same results, the next hurdle may be the app not having permission to write to your Applications Support folder, where Logos files live, or that the Logos file itself has incorrect permissions. While uncommon, this does happen. If you have data still on your system from Logos, you can check this folder at ~/Library/Application Support and see if anything is in the Logos4 folder in this location. If nothing is in it, you can delete the folder, re-start the Logos.app in your Applications Folder, and it should create a new folder it can write to just fine. If there IS data in the said Logos4 folder however, you'll wanna reach out to us as alabama24 suggested to see what we can do to preserve the data without needing to re-download/re-index everything. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS