Visual filters- some not working in the Old Testament

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Jeffery P. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 21 2017 4:48 PM

I have some Visual Filters designed to format Parts of Speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.). All work in the New Testament. Only adjectives, nouns, and verbs work in the Old Testament. Adverbs, Infinitives, Participles, Imperative Verbs do not work in the Old Testament. Any explanation for this?

Posts 27964
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 21 2017 5:06 PM

Jeffery P. Miller:
Any explanation for this?

I dont really use this feature, but more info might help. For example, which Bible are you using? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 21 2017 6:01 PM

An example would be helpful to better being able to assist you.

Jeffery P. Miller:

I have some Visual Filters designed to format Parts of Speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc.). All work in the New Testament. Only adjectives, nouns, and verbs work in the Old Testament. Adverbs, Infinitives, Participles, Imperative Verbs do not work in the Old Testament. Any explanation for this?

Posts 5
Jeffery P. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 22 2017 1:26 AM

I have tried it with the NASB95 and the ESV with the same results.

Posts 22227
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 22 2017 1:54 AM

As you can see it is working for me (in ESV)

Please post a screenshot showing your visual filter and the results

Posts 1210
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 23 2017 2:32 PM

Maybe I am missing this and it's already been said, but you must build a separate visual filter for Old Testament versus New Testament, since the morphologies are different.  You must have a different filter for Logos Greek vs Logos Hebrew. So build two different filters that each mirror what you want: IE: nouns in yellow, verbs in blue, etc, one based on Logos Greek morphology and the other based on Hebrew morphology. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 5
Jeffery P. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 28 2017 6:44 PM

Using a separate Morphological search for Hebrew and Greek did the trick. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS