Win10 Home or Pro

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 55
Theo Lau | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 27 2017 5:55 AM

I eventually ordered a faster computer, which is desktop Intel Core i7-7700 processor with Win10 Home 64 bit, 16 GB RAM.

But according to https://www.logos.com/support/logos/desktop/hardware it should be Win10 PRO. How bad it will be if I do/can not change to PRO? I think since my newly ordered computer is Intel Core i7-7700 processor with 16 GB RAM, it may not affect anything. But please tell me how bad or OK it will be?

Thanks.

Posts 2758
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 6:00 AM

Pro is not necessary for Logos. I think it had little to no effect on the running of logos. I've run it equally on both with no noticeable difference. 

Posts 1469
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 6:03 AM

I've used Logos with both the "Home" and the "Pro" versions of Windows 10 and am not aware of any difference in Logos functionality or performance based on the Pro version over the Home version.

Posts 25739
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 6:12 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:
Pro is not necessary for Logos.

Agree. Logos is a user application and does not require the safeguards of a secure business environment that Pro provides.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 9:50 AM

Theo Lau:

I eventually ordered a faster computer, which is desktop Intel Core i7-7700 processor with Win10 Home 64 bit, 16 GB RAM.

But according to https://www.logos.com/support/logos/desktop/hardware it should be Win10 PRO. How bad it will be if I do/can not change to PRO? I think since my newly ordered computer is Intel Core i7-7700 processor with 16 GB RAM, it may not affect anything. But please tell me how bad or OK it will be?

Thanks.

I'd like to go ahead and also mention that Logos 7 will function just fine on Windows 10 Home and Pro. There'll be no noticeable difference running on either version of the OS. Thank you for bringing this up as well! We'll look into updating the page you linked and making it more accurate.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS