Really annoying!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 2 2017 1:40 AM

I posted this by accident in the Logos 7 forum, but intended to post it here as I really wish Faithlife would take notice and address this.

"Okay, I know this has been discussed many times in the past, but I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet!

"I am preparing to start this coming Sunday a sermon series through 1 Peter and wanted to make use of the Bible background slides Logos has put together for each book. However, only the last two slides are loading!! I include two images for illustration - the first one is supposed to be the beginning of the set of slides in the media viewer, and the second one shows that the bottom two slides have appeared.

2Can someone please get this sorted??!! I will be forever grateful! :-)"

Posts 29903
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 4:23 AM
Jordan Litchfield:

I posted this by accident in the Logos 7 forum, but intended to post it here as I really wish Faithlife would take notice and address this.

The forums are user supported, with occasional appearances by FL staff. The best way to get attention from the right person is to post in the right forum. In this case, you are asking for something related to L7, so that is where it should have been posted. The desktop developers and Q/A testers don't dwell here. Alternatively, you can 1) create a uservoice request 2) post in the suggestions forum or 3) send an email.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25341
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 4:28 AM

Hi Alabama

alabama24:
Alternatively, you can 1) create a uservoice request 2) post in the suggestions forum

I don't think these apply here - as this looks like a bug that ought to be fixed.

alabama24:
you are asking for something related to L7, so that is where it should have been posted

Agreed

For reference - the previous post in the L7 forum is at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/147298.aspx 

Graham

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 4:59 AM

alabama24:
The best way to get attention from the right person is to post in the right forum. In this case, you are asking for something related to L7, so that is where it should have been posted.

But there was no response from FL, so I wanted to try a different arena. I usually see FL staff in this forum, so I am trying this one.

Posts 29903
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 7:39 AM

I can understand your frustration, but in the big picture, it is best to use the appropriate forum. You aren't more likely to get a reply here than in the other forum, and the people who would need to interact with you are in the L7 forum. 

Another tip: When you have a bug, it is best to create a "bug" thread. In the subject line, use the prefix "BUG:" and give a concise subject. In the body of your post, explain the issue clearly, and provide all relevant info (i.e. version of app, OS, steps to reproduce). To be honest, I have no idea what your "issue" is! I didn't even know you were trying to report a bug! It may very well be that I don't use this particular feature often enough to have encountered what you are trying to report. A clear Bug report would allow me (and a FL employee) to reproduce the issue. (It does seem that Graham understands your issue, so you have explained it well enough for him, but you may need to make it more clear for the FL employee). 

If you have multiple computers and time to kill, there is another suggestion... The BEST place to deal with this issue is in the Beta forum. I beta test from time to time (when I have time!), but you should be aware: Beta testing is for helping Faithlife work out bugs. It is not recommended that you use a "production" machine to test. In layman's terms: If you NEED the computer to prepare for Sunday, don't use it. One way around this caution is to create a second user account on your computer. I assume that will work on Windows... I don't really know. By doing so, you will double the space needed since you will download the app, all notes & resources twice (one in each account), but it will allow you to have both a beta and stable build on the same machine. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25341
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:00 AM

Bradley has replied to the thread in the Logos 7 forum so let's continue this there.

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 8:53 AM

Hi alabama24, this particular problem is a long-running one. There is another very long thread (in this particular forum!) where many others have expressed their frustration with this issue, so I know that this is one many others will understand. In the Logos 7 forum TCBlack indicated that he has (and it appears has had for a while) the same problem. I created a new thread in the hope that there would be a fresh effort to resolve the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Now that Bradley has replied in the other forum, I hope to get this resolved.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS