Percentage Read Implementation & Functionality

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 499
Brad | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 6 2017 11:18 AM

Can anybody help me with a few questions about the "percentage read" feature in Logos?

a) When was it implemented?  Month and year that it was included in an official public release (not beta) would be nice, but I'd settle for just the year.  Smile

b) The percentage doesn't reset when Logos releases an update for a given resource, does it?

c) Have improvements to the algorithm that produces the percentage number improved its accuracy as a real-world indication of how much of a resource the user has actually read?

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 7:44 PM

Brad:
a) When was it implemented?

It was released with Logos 6.0b on Jan 14th, 2015.

Brad:
b) The percentage doesn't reset when Logos releases an update for a given resource, does it?

Correct - it is not reset.

Brad:
c) Have improvements to the algorithm that produces the percentage number improved its accuracy as a real-world indication of how much of a resource the user has actually read?

I might leave that to Faithlife, but I doubt it has been improved (or can be!).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 499
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 8:04 PM

Very helpful, Dave.  Thank you!

Posts 10317
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 8:08 PM

Depending how you work, it can successfully miss 90% of your workflow.  I haven't checked if it tracks the multiviewer.

Posts 5157
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 6 2017 8:36 PM

Also does not tack across devices.

Denise:

Depending how you work, it can successfully miss 90% of your workflow.  I haven't checked if it tracks the multiviewer.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS