Strong's search not working

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Lewis Valentine | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 11 2017 5:19 AM

I have suddenly found that the "Search this resource" function yields 0 results when I attempt to look up verses with a particular Strong's number.  For example, if I right-click on the word "judge" in I Samuel 8:20, which is Strong's #8199, then select "Search this Resource" in the pop-up window (with the Strong's # selected), the other panel briefly displays information on the term then goes blank except for the Analysis tab at the top which shows 0 results.  I have not encountered this problem before, but we have Logos 5 and updates were installed recently (as they do on a regular basis).

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 7:33 AM

Lewis,

Check to make sure your search isn't defaulting to some previous parameters (such as only searching the New Testament).

Also, is there any reason why you haven't taken the free update to Logos 7? You won't lose anything of what you have, and you'll gain some useful features and bug fixes.

Posts 8
Lewis Valentine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 9:06 AM

Nope...I checked that and the parameters are as generalized as they can be.  I tried to attach a .zip file for a sample log, but it wouldn't upload.  (And neither would the explanation that I couldn't upload it as I apparently hit my character max.)

But I wasn't aware that the upgrade to Logos 7 was free.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 9:19 AM

Lewis Valentine:
But I wasn't aware that the upgrade to Logos 7 was free.

If the problem persists in Logos 7, let us know.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS