Non functionality with Google Home

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1
Gary B Savelli | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 18 2017 2:57 PM

I use the faithlife app on both Alexa (Amazon Echo), and I have downloaded and linked the Faithlife app to my Google Home device, but it does not work on Google.  When you say:  "OK Google, Ask FaithLife to read Jeremiah 29, verse 11" for example, it takes you to a general entry statement that says something like "Faithlife is using technology to change things, you can ask Faithlife to read a bible verse, to read the devotion of the day...etc."  After that statement is said, if you ask Faithlife to do anything, it says it cannot understand you, nor receive your response.  Is Faithlife planning to repair this soon?  I would like to use my Google home device to read the bible to me, but your App does not work on Google Home.  It DOES work with Amazon Echo, just fine, so I know the app is OK... but it will not read the bible on Google Home.

Posts 1
Chris Prater | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 5:40 AM

I can't even get FaithLife to open on my Google Home any more.  Is it gone?

Posts 249
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 10:56 PM

This really needs a Faithlife employee response....

Posts 1581
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 13 2017 11:52 PM

We're planning to have similar functionality on all the major voice-assistant platforms, but each uses different technology and we can't use exactly the same code on Alexa and Google Home. We do plan to add more functionality and get them into parity as quickly as possible.

Posts 249
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 15 2017 7:22 PM

Thanks Bob !

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.