How to use Biblical People Diagrams

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 29 2017 9:58 AM

I don't think I have used this function since Logos 4/5?

I need to lookup a name today and could not find the tool how to do it. I then had a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLFWv92tr4 and entered "show biblical people" in the search box. It then showed something I did not expect and wasn't as good as Logos 4.

I know I am missing something and this function was probably updated in Logos 7. The same goes for "Biblical places". I will really appreciate a push in the right direction. I searched Logos' Youtube channel but couldn't find anything similar to what I need. The new Biblical People Diagrams doesn't give me the option to enter a new name.

Please help.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 10:15 AM

Deon Holtzhausen:
I know I am missing something and this function was probably updated in Logos 7. The same goes for "Biblical places". I will really appreciate a push in the right direction.

I believe that these merged into "factbook" under tools. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22
Deon Holtzhausen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 11:19 AM

alabama24:

I believe that these merged into "factbook" under tools. 

Ok, thank you. I thought so but wasn't sure. Will look for a video tutorial on this.

Posts 21873
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 1:32 PM

Deon Holtzhausen:
Ok, thank you. I thought so but wasn't sure. Will look for a video tutorial on this.

The helpfile has a section on the use of Factbook including links to some videos

There is a Logos Pro video on the Factbook at https://www.logos.com/logos-pro 

Hope this helps

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 29 2017 5:36 PM

Deon Holtzhausen:
I know I am missing something and this function was probably updated in Logos 7. The same goes for "Biblical places". I will really appreciate a push in the right direction. I searched Logos' Youtube channel but couldn't find anything similar to what I need. The new Biblical People Diagrams doesn't give me the option to enter a new name.

Biblical Places, Biblical People & Biblical Things were combined into Bible Facts which then became Factbook when non-biblical 'facts' were included e.g. people like Wesley, Luther. But Factbook does not use Biblical Places Maps nor Biblical People Diagrams which became resources in your Library.

Biblical People Diagrams --> the TOC allows you to access content and the Locator bar allows you to move between articles.

Biblical Places Maps --> see this post. CTRL + and CTRL - allow you to zoom the map, but it is not as functional as it was in Logos 4/5.  Tools > Atlas has superceded it.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS