Dynamic Pricing Error on NICOT

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4185
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 31 2017 7:06 AM

I was looking at the NICOT Pentateuch collection today (www.logos.com/product/37449) and for me it lists the dynamic price of $84.16.  I own both Genesis volumes and Deuteronomy so the only new products would be Leviticus and Numbers.  If I were to buy those seperately the total cost would be $82.98, a difference of $1.16.  Not a huge deal in the short run but normally you are supposed to get a discount when buying these bundles.  Just thought I'd point this out.  If this set is off, maybe other NIC bundles are too?

NICOT Lev - $38.99

NIVOT Num - $43.99

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 7:25 AM

Mattillo:
Not a huge deal in the short run but normally you are supposed to get a discount when buying these bundles.

Normally you'd think you'd get a discount when buying a bundle, but the reality is that some bundles actually have very little discount, or even none at all. In this case, the bundle costs more than buying the items separately.

That can happen when individual items are on sale, but that is not the case here. It looks like FL has slightly overpriced the bundle. Good catch.

Mattillo:
If this set is off, maybe other NIC bundles are too?

Possibly, but FL has made it more difficult to determine that, since they removed the list showing the cost of the individual titles (and the total value if bought separately). We're forced to check by hand to see if the bundle price is actually a good deal or not.

Either way, you might be better off waiting for the next NIC sale unless you need them immediately. The set, as well as individual volumes, do go on sale once or twice a year.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 4185
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 8:34 AM

Thank You Petah!  No I don't have any need for it immediately.  I'm hoping for a NIC and/or BECNT sale to come at some point

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS