What would you like in your collection?

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 29 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 45
LogosEmployee
Thomas Gette | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 6 2017 3:51 PM

Greetings, everyone.

I am curious as to what resources you are excited about and especially which ones you would like to see available at a discount in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Posts 3608
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 9:48 PM

Mark Shea's books.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 114
Antonius | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 6:10 AM

My answer might not be exactly what you are looking for, I have a list of books to add to Logos/Verbum...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Brant Pitre please !!   A Brant Pitre Collection.

The Case for Jesus: The Biblical and Historical Evidence for Christ Feb 2, 2016 by Brant Pitre and Robert Barron
Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist: Unlocking the Secrets of the Last Supper Feb 15, 2011 by Brant Pitre and Scott Hahn
Jesus the Bridegroom: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told Mar 11, 2014 by Brant Pitre
The House of the Lord: A Catholic Biblical Theology of God's Temple Presence in the Old and New Testaments Aug 20, 2017 by Steven C. Smith and Brant Pitre
A Catholic Introduction to the Bible: The Old Testament May 31, 2018 by Brant Pitre and John Bergsma

Already in Logos/Verbum Thank you: Jesus and the Last Supper Nov 23, 2015 by Brant Pitre

Also John Bergsma and and Michael Barber
http://www.thesacredpage.com/

Bible Basics for Catholics: A New Picture of Salvation History Oct 2, 2015 by John Bergsma and Scott Hahn

And a book by the pastor of my parish (Fr. John Riccardo - Our Lady of Good Counsel, Plymouth Michigan)
Heaven Starts Now: Becoming a Saint Day by Day    Sep 7, 2016 by John Riccardo

Posts 63
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 8:13 AM

The Catholic Answers collection and upgrade

The C.S. Lewis collection (a person can dream Stick out tongue)

I was going to say the Emmaus Road collection, but I see that it already is on sale for September. Big Smile

I also agree with Antonius. I'd love to see more Pitre, Bergsma, Barber stuff in Verbum.

Posts 785
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 3:09 PM

I'm especially interested in some resources that are still gathering interest.  Are wanting that feedback as well?

Posts 5047
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 6:34 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/39315/the-power-and-meaning-of-love

I just to to get this little gem in Logos. Sadly it don't look k like it will make it  

-dan

Posts 1541
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 4:56 AM

Modern Catholic Theology Collection

Stanley Hauerwas

Joachim Jeremias

Some sort of highlights from the Paulist "Ancient Christian Writers"

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 5047
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 8 2017 10:56 AM

Adding in the missing volumes of the Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library....

The following Liturgical press titles: The International Bible CommentaryBenedictine Daily PrayerA Course in Christian Mysticism.

The Knox translation to the Bible and New Jerusalem Bible with full notes (realize this is in prepub but its not gaining traction due to rights distribution mostly I think).

-dan

Posts 238
Roger Dittmar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 4:00 AM

Dan Francis:

Adding in the missing volumes of the Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library....

The following Liturgical press titles: The International Bible CommentaryBenedictine Daily PrayerA Course in Christian Mysticism.

The Knox translation to the Bible and New Jerusalem Bible with full notes (realize this is in prepub but its not gaining traction due to rights distribution mostly I think).

-dan

YesYes

Posts 133
Chris K | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 6:07 PM

There are a ton of great (and highly voted) Catholic Resources on UserVoice and in Prepuub that I would love to see move into production. 

For me, I would love the This Rock/Catholic Answears magazine collection that is in UserVoice.  As others have mentioned, more Ramage, Leavering, Hahn, Pitre, Barber, Bergsma - more modern Catholic Authors.  

Posts 133
Chris K | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 9 2017 6:11 PM

It's interesting/sad that Scott Hann's, Hail Holy Queen and Lamb's Supper are available, but not his other works that are written in that same style: Lord Have Mercy, Swear to God, Reasons to Belive, First Comes Love, Signs of Life, etc.  

i would love to see these get added and bundled as a collection!

Posts 2349
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:29 AM

Thomas Gette:
I am curious as to what resources you are excited about and especially which ones you would like to see available at a discount in the future?

Here are some of the Live resources that I would like to see with great discounts:

Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture Complete Set Updated Edition (ACCS) (29 vols.)

A Year with the Church Fathers: Patristic Wisdom for Daily Living

Catholic Commentary on Sacred Scripture (11 vols.)

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament

Navarre Bible New Testament, Standard Edition (12 vols.)

Navarre Bible Old Testament, Standard Edition (7 vols.)

The Fathers Know Best: Your Essential Guide to the Teachings of the Early Church

Theodore of Mopsuestia: Commentary on the Minor Pauline Epistles

Where We Got the Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church

Posts 51
Ed Espiritu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 26 2017 3:45 PM

Completely ignoring my plan, my purchase after posting this was Collins, Introduction to the Old Testament. 

Posts 73
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 26 2017 5:35 PM

Yes please on Brant Pitre.

Top notch scholar/writer

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 3:51 PM

The biggest thing missing for me right now is an updated Denzinger. The one Verbum has is woefully out of date.

Posts 3
Josh Adongay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 2 2017 7:37 PM

Judges and Ruth: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible-published September 1, 2015.

1&2 Kings: Ignatius Catholic Study Bible - published October 10, 2017

Scott Hahn & Curtis Mitch do great work together.  Seeing as the rest of the Ignatius Bible chapters are here I'd like to add this to my collection.  I really hope that this duo finishes out the Old Testament someday!

Posts 2608
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 1:10 AM

Thomas Gette:

Greetings, everyone.

Thanks in advance!

In addition to what has already been suggested: Berit Olam: Studies in Hebrew Narrative & Poetry (13 vols.) https://verbum.com/products/31028/berit-olam-studies-in-hebrew-narrative-and-poetry

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 4
Richard Gratzinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 17 2017 9:36 PM

Eerdmans Bible Reference Bundle 

more catholic answers content  and Brant Pitre Collection

Posts 1947
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 18 2017 4:26 AM

Another vote for Berit Olam (update to15 vols) also support it here https://community.logos.com/forums/p/155071/940314.aspx 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS