Daily Psalms + Proverbs Personal Book

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Samuel Kordik | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 19 2017 4:34 AM

First post here—I think—and I wanted to share a resource I've built with the help of many of you.

My personal devotions have included some psalms and proverbs every day for as long as I can remember. I read the Psalm that has the calendar day—i.e., today (9/19) I started with Psalm 19—and then read the Psalm 30 chapters ahead. I finish with the Proverb matching the calendar day.

So for today, 9/19, I read Psalm 19, 49, 79, 109, 139 and Proverbs 19. In this way I read all of the Psalms and Proverbs each month.

Doing this in a reading plan seemed cumbersome and unusable. But a Calendar Devotional personal resource works great, and with a little scripting to automate creating 365 daily entries, I was able to create exactly that.

Here's the docx file to build the resource:

6403.PsProEvDay.docx

I have a layout saved for just morning devotional reading. Looks like this, with highlighters on left, scripture in middle, and the Psalms/Proverbs plan + information pane on right.

:

Hopefully this is useful for others, as it has been for me!

Posts 234
David Owh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 19 2017 6:15 AM

I am using this for book cover. Thanks!

Logos 8 Win 10

Posts 478
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 4:33 AM

Cool.   Thanks!

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 5:49 AM

Thank you Samuel.

Posts 420
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 5:55 AM

Thanks Samuel ! Yes

Posts 2906
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 6:16 AM

Thank you Samuel! 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 6:54 PM

Thanks for this, Samuel; a really good idea.

In case it might be found helpful, I have made a dtext version which I have attached here. Compile it as a Calendar Devotional and it will have your default bible version. Compile it as a Lectionary and it will allow dynamic selection of the bible version. I also added bible milestones for linking.

Where I think this might be really handy is if someone knows how to tag days of the month in a Word doc such that Calibre can use it to make a date-aware mobi or epub (if such things exist). Then we could export from Logos to a docx, covert it, and read it on our phones/tablets.

6327.Alt_w_dtext_PsProEvDay.docx

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1699
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 23 2017 12:25 PM

Robert M. Warren:
if someone knows how to tag days of the month in a Word doc such that Calibre can use it to make a date-aware mobi

Well, I couldn't find out how to tag for dates, but I did make an ESV version for Kindle, with each day a chapter for the TOC.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0dmjxgrbx3a5f8/Daily%20Psalms%20%26%20Proverbs%20Reading%20-%20Samuel%20Kordik%20%28Ed.%29.mobi?dl=0 

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS