Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 15 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last »
This post has 494 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 21914
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 4:02 AM

Hi James

James Haak:
With a large collection of books, some searches take an inordinate amount of time.

Can you start a new thread outlining the issues you are seeing?

While there are performance issues - which have improved recently - it may be something specific to do with your system or the searches you are running that cause the performance issue you are seeing and it would be good to explore it

Graham 

Posts 1997
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 4:42 AM

I would really like to see a "Send Guide Links here" option added to the resource menu. See the Screencast to understand why this would be such an awesome little feature. In the demo I'm obviously just randomly selecting commentaries, but it serves to demonstrate my preferred setup for general Bible study. Of course if I want to actually open a copy of another commentary WITHOUT replacing the current one, I could drag-n-drop from the guide.

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 28 2018 7:43 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Rick Ausdahl:

Wishlist item is a Library column with license acquisition date. Awesome would be link to Order History.

Keep Smiling Smile

Yes, please!  Smile

Similar request in a recent thread => Library - First Purchased / Downloaded Date

Keep Smiling Smile

Thread => Is there an easier way to tell which volumes were received in a commentary set "when purchased"? includes reply 

Mark Barnes:

Reuben Helmuth:
I have, for years, wished for a "purchased date" library field (you'll see it if you open the spreadsheet in my signature), but with FLC and other subscription considerations, the field should be called "first accessible" or something like that and the license type field should have values of "owned", "subscription", "preview", and "rental" (at least).

Faithlife must have this info, and I agree it would be very useful to have in the library.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2018 3:52 AM

I would like to see this collection available in a Logos 8 collection, somewhere in the Silver to Gold range. Thanks.

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 30 2018 3:54 AM

Also, I'd like to see P. Oxy in an L8 collection, probably in the Diamond to Portfolio range. It's not something I need, but I'd like to have it.

Posts 329
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2018 7:03 AM

Export Interactives to Reading Plans

Posts 329
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2018 7:12 AM

An Interactive to Browse user defined Label Entries on a selected Resource that works like the Miracles of the Bible Interactive.

Posts 51
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 31 2018 7:16 AM

Things are getting a little confusing. Library needs an indicator of what is owned, rented, temporary with expiry date. I have a resource good for a month, or six months, but not knowing duration they may go away unused. Some would consider this 'poor stewardship.'

Rather than a temporary resource expiring 30 days / six months from download, the 'countdown' should begin with first use.

Blessings!  Shabbat Shalom  ~  and remember to count 7 Sabbaths / 50 days to Shavuot.

("Tarry in Jerusalem

UNTIL you receive the Promised Ruach / Holy Spirit")

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 10:45 AM

Desktop Dreams: (snippet)

• Library priorization assistant so can enter a data value that shows resources with that value in priority order.
  • Library option to resize column for prioritisation so can read more of the title/series.
  • Library prioritization option to collapse/expand advanced priorities as desired. Currently advanced always shows many lines.

Library Dream Threads => Tool to EASILY prioritize commentaries for individual books of the BIble and => help with prioritizing resources

Currently using a custom series for Top 2 Commentaries, which would be quite time consuming for conversion of individual volume prioritization since cannot drag & drop an individual volume (in a series) from library into Priority list. 

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 1:12 PM

Currently using a custom series for Top 2 Commentaries, which would be quite time consuming for conversion of individual volume prioritization since cannot drag & drop an individual volume (in a series) from library into Priority list. 

Please pardon my lack of understanding.  Do U not already prioritize individual volumes using Top 2 Comms., thus putting them in to this system would work??

I am out of my league here, in terms of understanding much of this.

Posts 17956
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 3:42 PM

scooter:

Please pardon my lack of understanding.  Do U not already prioritize individual volumes using Top 2 Comms., thus putting them in to this system would work??

My custom Series for Top 2 Commentaries is prioritized. Of the 172 volumes in my custom Top 2 series, 171 came from other series. Removing custom Series would reset those volumes back to their original Series. Right click on an individual volume has "Prioritize this resource" in pop-up menu, which places that resource at the bottom of Priority list. Screen shot has scroll indicator circled to show lots of prioritized items between Top 5 Bibles and bottom of list (so dragging 171 volumes into correct place would be quite time consuming along with needing advanced prioritization to skip over non Bible indexing). Contextual menu in a Bible has reference on left side with Top 5 Bibles section (at bottom of contextual items on right side). Contextual wish is Top 5 Commentary/Notes section addition (work around is Explorer tool, which is easier to use than scrolling left side context - dreaming about contextual customization so could change Top 5 from last to first).

Screen shot shows My Top 2 Commentaries, which have Top2 Tag and custom Series. Prioritize has many advanced Bible Prioritizations (e.g. 2017:CSB) so a reference in that Bible opens link in that Bible (instead of highest Prioritized). My highest prioritized set of commentaries are UBS Handbooks with advanced prioritization for Bible and Bible (GNT) links. Bibliographic and English headwords are prioritized later. Volumes in custom Top 2 series have three kinds of Bible indexing: Bible, Bible (BHS), & Bible (VUL-W) with other indexing prioritized later: English, Jerome, Latin, & Transliterated.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 1 2018 4:12 PM

+ Keep, post just above.  Thank you.  I copy+paste Ur guidance into a permanent document, so I can find it.  Happy Easter !!

Posts 329
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:06 PM

I would like to see a Systematic Theology Browser (not the Interactive) just like the Bible Browser Tool. The ability to browse by Doctrine, Denomination, Author etc... on the Left and the Content on the Right.

Posts 754
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 2 2018 12:26 PM

Pieter J Kotze:

I would like to see a Systematic Theology Browser (not the Interactive) just like the Bible Browser Tool. The ability to browse by Doctrine, Denomination, Author etc... on the Left and the Content on the Right.

Pieter, are you suggesting this for browsing biblical texts, or systematic theology content, or something else?

Posts 329
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 1:33 AM

Sean, systematic theology content.

Two Things I can think of:

• Comparison of Systematic Categories and
  • Classification of Tradition (Group)

After rethinking:

Comparison:

• an Index on Systematic Theology Resources for Classic Systematic Theology Categories would make it possible to link open Systematic Theologies for comparison?
  • then on the other hand, the ability to link Inline Searches across Resources would also do this, but will benefit all Resources.

Classification:

• Maybe an User Defined Way to indicate the Tradition (Group). Let's say the ability to add a Watermark "Baptist" or "Reformed" or to colorize the Tab according to group or maybe a small colored icon somewhere.

Posts 60
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 7:29 AM

Sorry, I'm really late replying to this.

Base Package View

One feature that would be nice would be a view where I could see Collections, Libraries and Base Packages I have purchased over the years... it would be good if this included the artwork used to market these resource on the site.

Here is an example.

it would be good if these collections with marketing artwork came as standard when a base package is purchased.

Badges and Achievements

Another cool feature would be Badges and Achievements. A place where we could go an view completed courses, base package purchases, read books, status achievements etc  - basically some gamification.

Productivity Reports / Dashboard

It would be good to be able to run productivity reports for set periods like the last week, month or year and comparisons like year 1 vs year 2 etc

Clint Scott   Author | Humble Majesty   www.humblemajesty.com
Posts 60
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 9:40 AM

DAL:
3.  Ability to have hyperlinked verses in the sermon editor on mobile devices like we do on the desktop app. That way I can have my sermon open on one half of my iPad and my preferred Bible on the other half. I click on a hyperlinked reference on my sermon and it opens on my preferred Bible

Agreed

Posts 60
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 9:45 AM

James Hudson:
Greater selection of Creationist books (AiG etc)

Totally agreed... AiG books would be great

Posts 60
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 9:50 AM

Just realised I already mentioned a lot of this three years ago in 2015 on uservoice https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7/suggestions/9337287-user-summary-banner-badges-and-dashboard 

Posts 60
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 6 2018 10:21 AM

Chris K:
6) ability to add more favorite things to home screen - for instance if we could select "favorite resources" to always have preview sections of it show on the home screen that would be great!

That would be good

Page 15 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS