Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 24 of 25 (494 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next >
This post has 493 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 25377
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 12:40 AM

doc:
Is this is incorrect information being communicated?  

Depends upon how precisely one wishes to use language. The notes file/document structure is going "bye-bye". However, the fact that the physical distinction has been removed does not mean that the user interface makes it appear that the structure is still available for those who prefer to think of Notes in that way. In computers, what is presented to the user is often rather divorced from the physical reality ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20887
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 4:36 AM

I would add to what MJ has said.

In the new Notes Tool, current Notes Documents will be migrated to Notes Notebooks.

So notes that appeared in a Notes Document will be within a Notes Notebook. One can select a Notebook and just see notes that relate to it.

So a similar mechanism will persist.

One of the goals of the new Notes Tool is that some of the reasons for using Notes Documents will go away but there will still be scenarios where using Notebooks make sense.

Posts 15
Diane Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 9:40 AM

The ability to copy and paste maps from resources to notes.

Posts 21
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2018 5:10 PM

I think I would like a more elegant user interface.  It seems much of the power of Logos is hidden behind knowing the command shortcuts.  Finding ways to making those more accessible would be great.  

Also I think a more powerful search tool that easily and elegantly makes searching for resources easier.  Again a clean graphical user interface can make options much easier to understand.  

Posts 1926
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 2:28 AM

I wish that when I highlighted multiple books in the library that I could open them all somewhere at one go.

Posts 2113
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 6:23 AM

Steven New:

I think I would like a more elegant user interface.  It seems much of the power of Logos is hidden behind knowing the command shortcuts.  Finding ways to making those more accessible would be great.  

Also I think a more powerful search tool that easily and elegantly makes searching for resources easier.  Again a clean graphical user interface can make options much easier to understand.  

Hi Steven, I agree with your suggestion. I think the developers are aware of the desire for customers to be able to use the more complex search features more easily.

As a suggestion until then, do you have access to the Bible Browser under the tools menu? If so, have you tried using it? It provides access to many of the datasets using an easy drop down menu. Try it out if you have it until the feature you are requesting becomes available.

Here is a video explaining how to use the Bible Browser: https://www.logos.com/logos-pro?utm_source=blog.logos.com&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=logosprointroducinglogostrainingpage&utm_campaign=promo-logospro2015 

Hope this helps.

Posts 626
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2018 6:49 AM

John Fidel:

Wow! What a trove of helpful videos! Thanks, John!

Posts 4
Jeannie Koh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2018 7:48 PM

I have a wish for Logos 8:

Include a Spaced Repetition System to the flash cards, that is similar to Anki or Memrise or Brainscape.

Thank you!

In Christ,

jeannie

Posts 713
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:02 AM

Jeannie Koh:

Include a Spaced Repetition System to the flash cards, that is similar to Anki or Memrise or Brainscape.

I think the Flash Card system could use some TLC. There's such great promise for having such a tool in the Logos Universe, but I know their developers have a ton on their plates. Smile

Posts 1935
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 10:04 AM

Jeannie Koh:

Faithlife does have a Flashcards app for Android and iOS that uses Spaced Rep.

Forum ThemeEnhanced Forum Search

Custom PC: Core i7; 32GB RAM; GeForce GTX 970; Win 10 Pro
Google Pixel XL | Apple iPad pro 9.7

Posts 21
Steven New | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:31 PM

Thanks a lot this is very helpful.

Posts 4823
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2018 2:15 AM

Thanks for clarifying MJ and Graham. 

Graham Criddle:

I would add to what MJ has said.

In the new Notes Tool, current Notes Documents will be migrated to Notes Notebooks.

So notes that appeared in a Notes Document will be within a Notes Notebook. One can select a Notebook and just see notes that relate to it.

So a similar mechanism will persist.

One of the goals of the new Notes Tool is that some of the reasons for using Notes Documents will go away but there will still be scenarios where using Notebooks make sense.

Posts 477
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2018 2:04 PM

Please bring back the Orthodox Platinum base package for Logos 8.

Posts 17
Scott Cameron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:28 AM

Logos has been my default programme for Bible Study, Sermon Preparation, Devotional Reading, and much more. What more would I like to do:

1. better integration with pdf, mobi, etc.

2. Would appreciate a 2nd "Home Page" or even a "layout section" specifically for worship planning. 

3. Could you please consider adding the Bible Project's daily reading plan, integrating their videos at the appropriate places :-)

Posts 125
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:14 PM

I have to admit that my single disappointment with L8 is that it lacks a search builder, which was highly requested.

Posts 25377
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:21 PM

Nick:
I have to admit that my single disappointment with L8 is that it lacks a search builder, which was highly requested.

There was not time to design one (let alone code and test) so an intermediate Search templates met testers' requirements for something that could be done. ... with more templates they should be a step forward but not a final solution.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25377
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:23 PM

Scott Cameron:
or even a "layout section" specifically for worship planning. 

This has been suggested ... something may have been done in Proclaim.

Posts 1663
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:35 PM

Nick:

Nick, I'm really sorry we didn't get to this. We did search query templates as a step in this direction, because it was much more achievable within the time frame we had to finish Logos 8. We'd to iterate on search templates and evolve them toward a full-blown search query builder in the future. There's a chance we might be able to get to this as part of an initiative in 2019, but no promises. I hope we delivered enough other value in Logos 8 to make it a worthy upgrade for you. I'm sorry we didn't get to this.

Posts 621
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:52 AM

James McAdams:

I would love to see:

• Improvements to sentence diagramming tool (or new tools?) to make arcing/bracketing easier
  • A much more open Atlas - choosing our own layers, ability to save view, add labels/arrows/symbols etc - with image export options, of course.
  • Open any image in a zoomable window/pane on clicking.
  • Support for manuscript images with tagged text

I love all the changes that have been mind, but my most desired features still aren’t in place. 2 of the above 4 felt a bit extravagant but are available in ”competitors” (dead and alive). I thought points 1 & 4 were a shoe-in, though. Being able to actually look at the pictures in the books we’ve bought seems so incredibly basic to me that it blows my mind that we still can’t do this (on desktop or mobile), and arcing kept coming up in surveys etc so I thought it might be near the top of the pile too. Ah well.

Posts 20887
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:56 AM

James McAdams:
and arcing kept coming up in surveys etc so I thought it might be near the top of the pile too

Have you looked at the Canvas tool to see if it meets your requirements?

Page 24 of 25 (494 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > | RSS