Logos 8 Wishlist

Page 9 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
This post has 494 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 12:28 PM

Follow-up to thread => Logos 7 - How to search and display all footnotes in the New Testament (with screen shots showing Logos 7 search results)

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:
For example, how would I search for and display all of the NKJV footnotes in the New Testament so I could quickly scan them for items of interest? I want to show the verse references, but not the verse text, to make the list easy to skim quickly.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 12:51 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Please permit Preferred Resource Sections, so one can easily tell what resources they have "preferred" for each section, and can also tell when they have no resources preferred for a particular resource type (IE: Dictionaries).  

Perhaps each section can be outlined (like below), with a flyover label of the preferred resource section when hovering over it. 

If I understand what you are looking for, there was a bit of a hack some years ago employed by someone suggesting that you create empty personal books with the titles that you are looking for and then use them in the priority list to create dividers.  Here's the hack: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/54082/393850.aspx

I agree with you though... the priority list really needs something added... 

Here's what mine looks like...

\

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 1 2017 9:48 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Quick way to turn off Visual Filters when opening a Bible resource (possibly open resource with key to disable visual filters). If Visual Filters is checked, then application automatically searches and applies them so trying to show Visual Filter menu can wait on searches being done.

7.11 Beta 2 annoyance:

Opening a Perseus resource => https://ref.ly/logosres/pausgk?ref=Pausanias.Paus.%2c+Gr.+Descr.+5 provided many minutes of spinning beach balls while automatically applying Logos Greek Morphology visual filters. Unchecking one was likewise followed by minutes of spinning beach balls, which delayed unchecking more visual filters (had to wait for one filter's highlighting to be removed before user interface would allow another one to be unchecked).

Dreaming of an option to open a resource without automatically searching/applying visual filters.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 50
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 2 2017 5:57 PM

- Touch support!

- Click on a cross reference and the reference range is highlighted so you know which verses to read, as in Laridian Pocket Bible.

- ESV, LEB audio, and other audio resources downloadable to device so it still functions when not online – so it doesn’t use data after initial download.

- When I click on a link: open the resource that is in my library, rather than give options to copy the link.

- PLEASE Correct the Before and After:Biblical Sites that shows the Temple being built in place of the Dome of the Rock. The true location of the Temple was at the City of David, approximately ½ kilometer NEAR the Gihon Springs.  PLEASE do some honest research. This is WW3 material as shown!

- A “dynamic dictionary” that scans all resources and adds to the dictionary whatever (words), may not be in English (etc) dictionaries. This would halt having to do a web-search for what should be somewhere in FL/Logos. For example, scan all new resources and compare that index with already indexed dictionaries, etc. The Dynamic Dictionary would be Logos created, and may be user editable.

- A “Global Back Button / key-combo.” For example, I click a link from m.Ed video to go to another resource, and then another, then lose my way back.

- Make absolutely certain that all future m.Ed videos zoom in on text, as in Learn Greek. In some videos the text size is so tiny it is hard to follow lesson. In addition, the text on lecturer’s device could be larger for student advantage, instead of what may “make sense” to the lecturer’s view. Some experimentation to find the ultimate text size may be helpful. Also if user screen resolution is the problem here, it may be helpful to give hints for “best performance.”  Logos should be the only lecturer’s app running, and notifications should be OFF.

For iOs:

- Option to return to previous layout when opened next time.

- Prevent devices being listed multiple times on logos.com/account/devices

Posts 39
Zach Broom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 11:49 AM

Ability to add non-DRM ebooks to logos personal book builder. 

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 11:58 AM

Search version desire is remembering parallel result version(s) for various resource searches: e.g. Bible(s) when searching Bible. Apostolic Fathers when searching Apostolic Fathers => Sync Apostolic Greek Lemma search and Display English version in parallel

Changing resource to search from Apostolic Fathers back to Bible(s) currently leaves parallel version (for resource results) with last chosen resource.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27
Todd Zuidema | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 2:51 PM
  • Document editing on iPad app. 
  • Ability to format presentation slides within Logos application before I send them to *.ppt fully rendered
  • That said, why was the ability to insert a <return> removed from slide editor?
Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 3 2017 5:30 PM

Hebrew Search for a lemma with specific pointing in many words => Searching for byforms in BHS?

Currently can search for a word with specific pointing. Hebrew words can have article, conjunction, preposition attached. Lemma can be found in many Hebrew words, but finding specific pointing of a lemma in many words is challenging.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1386
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 4:55 AM

This is a far-fetched idea but it would be cool to add 3D printing, for historical artifacts, maps (3D landscapes), buildings, spare parts (e.g. to fix the Bible cover), youth group activities etc.

https://3dprint.com/tag/3d-printed-historical-artifacts/ 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 8858
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 5:11 AM

Veli Voipio:
This is a far-fetched idea but it would be cool to add 3D printing, for historical artifacts, maps (3D landscapes), buildings, spare parts (e.g. to fix the Bible cover), youth group activities etc.

While I can't imagine it happening it sure would be amazing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1347
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 7:36 AM

I'd like more fine control over panel background. That is, it would be useful mentally when having multiple panels open to be able to set my Bible panel to have a particular font and background different from the others, give my Hebrew panel a papyrus background or whatnot.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2
James T Minnihan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 8:13 AM

I would just like more emphasis placed on fixing bugs (at least in the macOS version of Logos) in the Notes area.

1) when pasting in passages to a given Note, they appear in Bold face and not in the font the Note is currently set to. The current Note font size, weight and kind should be respected, at least as a program option.

2) when clicking with the mouse in an existing Note at the bottom of the note, the mouse text cursor moves to an earlier section of the note for typing, sometimes highlighting the text!

Posts 1958
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 6 2017 3:47 AM

I would like to see universal settings for things like "columns" and "show footnotes on page."  I would rather my resources default to auto columns and showing footnotes and turn them off for the few resources for which I would like displayed differently as opposed to everything defaulting to no columns and no footnotes.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1005
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 6 2017 5:29 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Veli Voipio:

While I can't imagine it happening it sure would be amazing.

It would be amazing.  My guess is that it would require three things:

1. A publisher or publishers that provide 3D models for maps, artifacts, buildings, etc.
  2. 3D print functions - including drivers for the most popular 3D printers - built into the Windows and Apple operating systems
  3. The availability of production grade software libraries to support 3D printing that software developers can incorporate into their applications

I have no idea how close we are to having all three, but my general sense is that we're not there yet.

Posts 648
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 6 2017 7:34 PM

1. I'd love a Reverse Interlinear for the JPS Tanakh 1985! Would be nice to have it for the CEB as well...and the REB. Smile

2. Make opening resources from the command box faster. It seems to be getting slower and slower.

3. Make it easier to move or copy notes from one note file to another, and to merge note files together.

4. Allow me to pin my most used/favorite Interactive tools to the Tools menu, and to change the order in which they appear. Right now they're listed in whatever order Logos decided to list them, and then I have to click on "All interactive resources" to see the ones I actually use.

5. Fix the Home screen so that I can use the touchscreen on my laptop to scroll up and down. When I try to use the touchscreen it tries to select all the text on the Home screen. As others have said, make the software generally touchscreen friendly.

6. Allow me to jump directly to a lemma's morphology chart from the right-click menu.

7. Change the layout of the morphology charts to match the Mounce paradigm layout (at least for nouns). (gender across the top, cases down the side, group all singular together, group all plural together). The current layout seems completely backward and unintuitive, and you have to scroll horizontally or open a floating window (at least on my 14inch screen) to see the whole chart.

Posts 717
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 1:08 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

I agree with you though... the priority list really needs something added... 

YesYesYes

Posts 17877
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 8:03 AM

Please add nested hyperlink alternative syntax to Personal Book Compiler (allow surface text to have more than one schema:reference): e.g.

[[Christ >> Lemma:lbs/el/Χριστός >> LogosMorphGr:NGSM >> GreekStrongs:g5547 >> LouwNida:LN93.387]]

Follow-up to threads => Personal Book Builder and Interlinear Texts Question and => Creating an interlinear Bible that linked to thread => Leonberger Bibel als PB where a Java utility was used to convert LibreOffice (+) hyperlinks to Word nested hyperlinks.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 979
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 11:00 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
allow surface text to have more than one schema:reference

I agree that it would be helpful to have more rich tagging options for personal books.

And I really, really want personal books to be usable on mobile devices.

Posts 71
Jeffrey Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 3:45 PM

Ability to create an interlinear Bible as a Personal Book with all of the necessary links to other books.

Page 9 of 25 (495 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS