Note keep crashing Logos 4 once it become big

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Shengzhen Ye | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 4 2010 8:48 PM

I am wondering if the Note in Logos 4 have any limitation on the size? It seems the note is still good when it is 13,200 characters, and it crash the program when I tried to make it 14,500 characters.

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 11:26 PM

If you submit a crash log (produced automatically) and other logs we should get a better idea of the issue  - see Diagnostic Logging

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
Shengzhen Ye | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2010 6:26 PM

Log file enclosed (Logos 4 crash when I copy and past some text in it):

2235.Logos4.zip

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:54 AM

Unfortunately this does not contain the crash information. Upload the logs (and crash text) after a crash but before you start L4 again.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 1:38 AM

Shengzhen Ye:

I am wondering if the Note in Logos 4 have any limitation on the size? It seems the note is still good when it is 13,200 characters, and it crash the program when I tried to make it 14,500 characters.

The length has likely been capped by Logos, but if they didnt change default:

From SQLite website: The maximum number of bytes in a string or BLOB is 1 billion [unless changed]  (1,000,000,000).

We have to divide this number of bytes by 4 to get characters, as we are using encoding using utf8 text format
This will quarter the figure, and give us 250 million chars by default presuming default settings

I am using the current beta, my largest note is 224,753 characters in length with no crashes.. 

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 1:48 AM

DominicM:
The length has likely been capped by Logos, but if they didnt change default:

There should be a soft error message if that was the case, but we'll see when we get the crash details.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 12
Shengzhen Ye | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:26 PM

Hi Dave,

I believe I did get the log after a crash but before restart L4 again. Again this is the log but it seems no much different at all.

0550.Logos4.zip

Here is the text (each section is divided by "-------------------------------------"), and it crash after I added the last section.

1563.Text.zip

Picture:

This is the last section for note before crash:

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:14 AM

Shengzhen Ye:
Here is the text (each section is divided by "-------------------------------------"), and it crash after I added the last section.

I could not reproduce your crash. The file went into a Note without issue!

There appears to be an entry where you paste the last text section into the note but no error.

Was there a crash.txt file with your logs and did you wait about 30 seconds or so after the crash before closing L4? Perhaps you can try again.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS