How long have I been under a rock?

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:44 AM | Locked

When did the hyperlink box in the Notes get fixed to allow for hyperlinking to Logos resources? YEAH!!! No more paste to word---format---paste back to notes!!!! How in the world did I miss this?

Posts 143
Ken Guenther | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:53 AM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

When did the hyperlink box in the Notes get fixed to allow for hyperlinking to Logos resources? YEAH!!! No more paste to word---format---paste back to notes!!!! How in the world did I miss this?

I had not realized that either.   After all the complaining on the forum, you think the people at Logos would have made a bigger deal of it in the release notes.   Or was it there (in the release notes), and I just didn't realize that was what they were referring to?

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:54 AM | Locked

Let me guess... you actually have been using Logos as a study tool, rather than a toy. Stick out tongue I couldn't resist!

Edited below:

I forget which release it came out but what I noticed a couple weeks ago was the ability to simply place the location of the file and Logos automatically converts it over to the proper protocol. 

I sure wish we could drag files right into the hyperlink space....or better, into the exact location in the note and have a hyperlink created!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 4:56 AM | Locked

I haven't been under a rock (I don't think) and I missed it too! I just looked at the recent release notes and it appears that this fix wasn't announced (or perhaps they fixed it by accident?)

Posts 143
Ken Guenther | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:02 AM | Locked

Well, if it happened by accident, then let's pray for more accidents (of this sort)!

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:45 AM | Locked

Mitch Davis:
Let me guess... you actually have been using Logos as a study tool, rather than a toy. Stick out tongue I couldn't resist!

What's the difference?

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:43 AM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:
What's the difference?

When you're playing your comments in the forum seem to manifest by the hundreds (Indifferent), but when you're working you're doing your studies under a rock. Big Smile

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:55 AM | Locked

it must be in 4.0c

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:15 AM | Locked

sorry to be a dunce,but, can you show me how this works?

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:25 AM | Locked

I missed it, too. So now I have to go try it.

I'd have been skeptical if your post was dated April 1, but it's not. Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:26 AM | Locked

Don't have time for a screen shot, and though I know someone else will I will simply describe it. This assumes you are running the current Beta.

Open a note file and open a resource you want to put a link to in the note file. With the Resource open to the location you want to link to hit the context menu (little down arrow in the upper left of resource pane, go to the bottom of the menu and select "URL" after the "copy as". Once you have set this as your copy option all you need to do is press CTL + Alt + C to copy it to the clipboard next time. Now go over to your not file, type some text. Highlight one of the words in the text. Place your cursor in the "Hyperlink" box on the panel's toolbar and hit CTL + V. Now the text you highlighted is hyperlinked to the resource location you selected.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:27 AM | Locked

Mark A. Smith:
I'd have been skeptical if your post was dated April 1, but it's not. Wink

Those who are a fool only one day a year bother me. I try to be more consistent.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:33 AM | Locked

Mitch Davis:

When you're playing your comments in the forum seem to manifest by the hundreds (Indifferent), but when you're working you're doing your studies under a rock. Big Smile

When you're playing your comments in the forum seem to manifest by the hundreds   THOUSANDS in Philp's case(Indifferent), 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:39 AM | Locked

Carey,

Be sure 'Copy Location as' is set to URL in the resource you want to link to (it the default so you are probably already set):

Navigate to the place in the resource you want to link to and hit Ctrl+Alt+C.

Open the Note file and type in the text you want to turn into a hyperlink: here I've typed 'OTSS: Exodus 1-4'. Now highlight that text and put your cursor in the hyperlink box and hit Ctrl V. Hit Enter. When you click away from the note you just made you'll see that the text has changed colors to blue text and you can click on it while holding down the Ctrl key to jump to that hyperlink spot.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 164
David Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:46 AM | Locked

Philip Spitzer:

Now the text you highlighted is hyperlinked to the resource location you selected.

How can I use the hyperlink?  I could make a word in the note highlighted.  When I click left botton on the word, the hyperlink box is populated with the link information.  What do we do with the information?  Can we use the information to copy the resource into a document or another note?  Or can we jump to the resource with the hyperlink information?

Posts 164
David Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:47 AM | Locked

The answer was given while I was typing my question.  Thank you.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:47 AM | Locked

now that it's hyperlinked you can Ctrl+Click and it'll take you to that resource (and the location that you linked)

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 97
Carey G. Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:57 AM | Locked

thanks Mark!

If I understood, this function is still tied up in a beta release?

if we meet and you forget me,

you have lost nothing.

But if you meet Jesus and forget Him,

you have lost everything.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 11:01 AM | Locked

Rev. Mr. Carey Pearson:
If I understood, this function is still tied up in a beta release?

Correct. It still does not work on the current 4.0b release.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:51 PM | Locked

so is it working correctly in 4.0c ?

Does it actually open the specific resource? (even if it is a Bible which is not your preferred Bible)

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS